new project PHEV

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
jaapv said:
You left out the .jpg extension in your link. Add that and link as image to display it in the post. It is a bit large. Best to limit an image to something like 750-1000 pixels on the long side.

Sorry for O.T.

Just for clarify .. I just copy paste the link provided by ultralights ... which picture was not visible in his "post" .. only this link was visible if his message got quoted ...

Size of the picture, or make the photo directly visible in the forum page .. was not under my radar/attention .. I though that expose the link could help already other to get access to the "missing" picture

interesting issue with the pics,

looks like i will have to get a MUT III coder, to do what i want with the ECU,s or find another way to get into the data. will be interesting

ultralights said:
looks like i will have to get a MUT III coder, to do what i want with the ECU,s or find another way to get into the data. will be interesting

It sound very interesting ...

What you want to do with the ECU ?

I though you are planning to disassemble the crashed PHEV and use the spare parts you will collect from it.

The disassembly process is what I would like to follow here , if you plan to keep a picture log of this process

elm70 said:
jaapv said:
You left out the .jpg extension in your link. Add that and link as image to display it in the post. It is a bit large. Best to limit an image to something like 750-1000 pixels on the long side.

Sorry for O.T.

Just for clarify .. I just copy paste the link provided by ultralights ... which picture was not visible in his "post" .. only this link was visible if his message got quoted ...

Size of the picture, or make the photo directly visible in the forum page .. was not under my radar/attention .. I though that expose the link could help already other to get access to the "missing" picture
The Forum will only display images if the link has the proper extension ( e.g..JPG) and if they are in the bracketed IMG link( use the
color]

elm70 said:
ultralights said:

It sound very interesting ...

What you want to do with the ECU ?

I though you are planning to disassemble the crashed PHEV and use the spare parts you will collect from it.

The disassembly process is what I would like to follow here , if you plan to keep a picture log of this process

surely will be taking plenty of pics, the wrecked vehicle has some features and parts that my road going version does not, so might want to swap those things over, and need the MUT reader to activate the software for those items, also, there are a lot of service codes to be removed on the wrecked vehicle that wont allow us to drive it, to test various things, like upgrades of the battery pack, find a way to use the wreck as a powerwall, charge it during the day off solar panels, then use it to recharge our road going version every evening to save on power costs. other things like find a way to force it EV only mode similar to the EV box, things like that, eventually longer term we might use it to make a custom EV car with all the running gear. like a EV hotrod or kit car.

A very ambitious plan ... looking forward to it.

About power wall .. this sound the most easy thing to me.

If I would have to design it I would do as following.

You have 80 cells 40Ah 3.7v each ... I would re-wire them for make a 3S26P pack .. that means a 11.1v 1040Ah battery pack

This pack could be charged easily from solar panel (even directly), and you can use a normal 12V power inverter for get 220V AC to power the normal PHEV charger (10A charge I think will be better for use cheaper DC to AC inverter)

Yes it will not be a Chademo, but it will be easy and cheap to be made.

Things that need to be addressed are the balancing of 3S pack and control the charge from solar panel which may not have a commercial ready solution, but are very easy to be done DIY
About making a DIY EV car ... with two EV engine and differentials, you can make 2 60KW EV cars ;) .. the tricky part is how to get access and use the EV motor controllers

first mod.. swap the leather, electrically adjusted seats out of the Aspire spec wreck, to replace the cloth trim seats in my car..

simple bolt in bolt out operation, all the electrics to adjust the seat is built into it, so nothing to plug in other than the seat heaters, and airbag wire.. all plugged straight in,

Installed the seat heater switches in the centre panel, plugged in, they light up with turning on headlights.. but require a change to the ECU software to activate to get heated seats working even though all the hardware is there, relays, everything, all there.. just need to install a heated seat, and switches, and change the ECU... waiting on service guy to help with the ECU work.

only problem of note with changing over to the leather elec adjustable seat, the Inside runner of the electric movable drivers seat is a little wider, its no issue, as it still bolts in, only issue is make sure you change the plastic trim as well.

i-6L8kwPf-XL.jpg

Please restrict the size of your photographs to something like 1024 pixels on the long side. If you don't want to postprocess, your camera has a setting to do so.

Pics look familiar. I had to go there when I wanted to install a second OBD port to monitor traffic on the second main CANBUS, which interconnects the major EV components. I tapped into the CAN high and CAN low signals at the connector that hooks up the rear motor control unit to the second main CANBUS.

ultralights said:
got the back seats out.

whats underneath!

Nice photo .. I like high def photos .. so .. next time instead of shrink them .. just post a link

More then under the back seats .. it is looking the trunk of the car without the black cover ... but I maybe wrong on it.

Thanks for sharing :ugeek:

PS: Personally I would like to see how to get a access to a battery terminal .. the ~300v .. for get an idea how complicated could be to put in parallel some extra Lithium battery for extend the EV range ..

ultralights said:
got the back seats out.

Will you be removing the MMCS?
If yes ,please provide a step by step guide or a video of it.....
You are so damn lucky to have a vehicle only for experimentation. :roll:

NS633,

May I suggest you use "Post reply" (at he bottom of the page) instead of "Quote", when there is no added value in repeating what was said before? Especially when the message you are responding to contains many (large) photos? It is very hard to find you actual message between the repeated pictures ;)

If you must use quoting, please do it correctly and make sure you keep the begin and end tags intact and put your text outside these tags.

for some reason, i have diffuculty posting images onto this forum, they are either to large, or way to small. nothing in between, i have tried linking to images from my facebook gallery, Smugmug and imgur, alldo strange things, the ones i just posted are from another post i made to the Australian electric car forums, where they were normal size, yet came out huge here.

From doing a bit of research, it looks like a cheap $40 connector, and some ETACS decoding software, and its possible to edit and chage quite a few features that are locked within the EtACS software. I have ordered the connector, and waiting for its arrival to see what can be done.

with luck, it might be a simple operation to activate the features my car doesnt have, i have already swapped out the electric leather seats into mine, and have the Wifi module ready to go. the seats are in, electrically moving, but the heated seat part doesnt work. i am hoping it might be a simple as turning them on in the ETACS.

various people have reported that turning on functions within the ETACS, when the required hardware isnt there will cause errors and issues. its good we have a wrecked vehicle to try it all out on.

ultralights said:
for some reason, i have diffuculty posting images onto this forum, they are either to large, or way to small. nothing in between, i have tried linking to images from my facebook gallery, Smugmug and imgur, alldo strange things, the ones i just posted are from another post i made to the Australian electric car forums, where they were normal size, yet came out huge here.

Interesting snippet from one of your pictures, it appears that the aux battery in the car is a local (australian), at least the label is. Seems strange to had a replacement already in what can't be more than 2 years old.

ultralights said:

From doing a bit of research, it looks like a cheap $40 connector, and some ETACS decoding software, and its possible to edit and chage quite a few features that are locked within the EtACS software. I have ordered the connector, and waiting for its arrival to see what can be done.

with luck, it might be a simple operation to activate the features my car doesnt have, i have already swapped out the electric leather seats into mine, and have the Wifi module ready to go. the seats are in, electrically moving, but the heated seat part doesnt work. i am hoping it might be a simple as turning them on in the ETACS.

various people have reported that turning on functions within the ETACS, when the required hardware isnt there will cause errors and issues. its good we have a wrecked vehicle to try it all out on.

The images you posted are 3264 pixels wide (and 2.3 MB) which is huge on the Internet. Use the JPG setting in the camera menu, or any photo editor on your computer, to reduce them to something not more than 1100 pixels wide before uploading them. Some forums have automatic resizing software, this one does not.

anko said:
NS633,

May I suggest you use "Post reply" (at he bottom of the page) instead of "Quote", when there is no added value in repeating what was said before? Especially when the message you are responding to contains many (large) photos? It is very hard to find you actual message between the repeated pictures ;)

If you must use quoting, please do it correctly and make sure you keep the begin and end tags intact and put your text outside these tags.

Good tip Anko,
Thanks
jaapv said:

Thank you too.

Subbing to this thread very interested in the information that will come of this.

Regards
Luke

HHL said:
ultralights said:

Interesting snippet from one of your pictures, it appears that the aux battery in the car is a local (australian), at least the label is. Seems strange to had a replacement already in what can't be more than 2 years old.

the original battery was removed by the wrecker, the battery in the pic is a spare.

Back