PHEV 17

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goodshot

Just on the verge of putting in an order for a GX4HS. Dealer advised order time was pretty short which surprised me a bit. Assume I would be getting a MY16 vehicle. Is it worth waiting for a MY17 and anyone have any insight into any significant change from 16 to 17?

In the UK this model has been available for a few months. It has had quite a face lift over the previous version and to me is more eye catching. It also has extra goodies including 360 deg camera. Very good for reversing. Generally improved trim and I believe improved noise reduction. I've had mine about a month and very impressed with it. :D

crantonr said:
In the UK this model has been available for a few months. It has had quite a face lift over the previous version and to me is more eye catching. It also has extra goodies including 360 deg camera. Very good for reversing. Generally improved trim and I believe improved noise reduction. I've had mine about a month and very impressed with it. :D

Thanks Crantor. The spec is impressive. I'm coming from an Evoque and they seem to add new bits every year/make changes - so just wondered if there were any significant change due for MY2017 - the 2017 Evoque model for example will be out around September - so just wondering if there will be a new/upgraded/spec changed GX4HS by then?

Going to be many SUV PHEV's coming to market in the next few years so competition will be something Mitsubishi will be looking at and trying to stay ahead. There are YouTube clips showing the 2017 USA version with an EV only mode, electric handbrake and new Android based headunit with apps. Also someone mentioned a 18kw battery in Canada. There was talk of a 100km EV range for 2019.Also a whole new design concept coming at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. Who knows really?

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/mitsubishi-teases-ground-tourer-concept-suv-will-debut-at-the-2016-paris-motor-show-1424332

Goodshot said:
Just on the verge of putting in an order for a GX4HS. Dealer advised order time was pretty short which surprised me a bit. Assume I would be getting a MY16 vehicle. Is it worth waiting for a MY17 and anyone have any insight into any significant change from 16 to 17?

If you can wait until October/November to see if there will be a revised UK '17 model... then wait.

Though that said my Mrs is starting to drive mine, I might have to send her out to get her own one :D

Was a discount forthcoming from the dealer?

Drivethedeal give just over £8k off list with pearl white paint.

vs2 said:
Going to be many SUV PHEV's coming to market in the next few years so competition will be something Mitsubishi will be looking at and trying to stay ahead. There are YouTube clips showing the 2017 USA version with an EV only mode, electric handbrake and new Android based headunit with apps. Also someone mentioned a 18kw battery in Canada. There was talk of a 100km EV range for 2019.Also a whole new design concept coming at the 2016 Paris Motor Show. Who knows really?

http://auto.ndtv.com/news/mitsubishi-teases-ground-tourer-concept-suv-will-debut-at-the-2016-paris-motor-show-1424332
Thanks. Yes I guess you are right and exciting fast moving times for PHEV's. 100km range combined a better petrol/Diesel engine would grab a huge market.

SolarBoy said:
Goodshot said:

If you can wait until October/November to see if there will be a revised UK '17 model... then wait.

Though that said my Mrs is starting to drive mine, I might have to send her out to get her own one :D

Was a discount forthcoming from the dealer?

Drivethedeal give just over £8k off list with pearl white paint.

We haven't discussed discounting yet but £8k is impressive. I'm waiting for some dealer offers on Carnow - has anybody used that route - guess Drivethedeal is similar - I'll check it out.

Goodshot said:
Is it worth waiting for a MY17 and anyone have any insight into any significant change from 16 to 17?

I have just heard from a pretty reliable source that the MY17 will have a proper EV Only button. Due out March 2017 in Australia. Judging by the non PHEV version I think MY17 is also likely to have the Rear Cross Traffic Alert System, Lane Change Assist, and Blind Spot Warning as well as Android Auto and Apple CarPlay.

Also, according to http://www.goauto.com.au/mellor/mellor.nsf/story2/37DA329B2CFD73F8CA258011000C160F
the PHEV will get improved throttle response and acceleration, while a small enhancement to battery capacity and range will see the high-rider sail up to 60km on electric only power.

Maybe they are putting in 50Ah cells in instead of 40Ah?

Hi, Im a newbie and looking to purchase a new PHEV and have been waiting for the 17my model to come out. I've contacted one of the dealers on Carwow who has said that the 17MY model comes with a EV priority button but no Apple Car play. He confirmed that the Juno is the only car that has Apple car play - A bit surprised by this given the Juno doesn't have Apple CarPlay but Smartphone compatibility with some App support.

Has anyone else heard this from a dealer?

Thanks

JDTorino said:
Hi, Im a newbie and looking to purchase a new PHEV and have been waiting for the 17my model to come out. I've contacted one of the dealers on Carwow who has said that the 17MY model comes with a EV priority button but no Apple Car play. He confirmed that the Juno is the only car that has Apple car play - A bit surprised by this given the Juno doesn't have Apple CarPlay but Smartphone compatibility with some App support.

Has anyone else heard this from a dealer?

Thanks
That's pretty much what my dealer told me - Apple Play and Android Auto support on the Juro special edition only. I don't know whether swapping out the head unit for one that supported Apple Play would lose some of the Mitsubishi feature?

Hi All,

That's what I have heard too. I thinking of a GX5hs or GX4hs and have also been told that CarPlay is not on the '17 model year for those models. I was also told that it would be a separate upgrade, so we might be able to buy it as a future update if pockets are deep enough. Now to decide between Atlantic Grey or Ruby Black....

So that confirms it. Im now asking whether the Juno has the EV button or whether its based on the 16MY model and therefore doesn't have this feature. Carwow is still quoting 17-19% on 17MY GX4hs though so looking tempting and if I can upgrade the future then I might make the plunge

I'm about to order a 17MY in amethyst black. Probably will be the 4hs but very tempted by the 5hs.....

Back