Nougat niggle

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisMiller

My Nexus 6 (not a 6P in case anyone cares) got upgraded to Nougat (Android 7) last week. So far, so good - but there has been a slight change in behaviour of the PHEV app. First, I had to reconfirm to the phone that it was OK to connect with the car wi-fi even though there's no Internet connection. But, more significantly, the app doesn't seem very happy to make a connection from scratch, coming up with the "cannot communicate" message (even if I'm standing next to the car). I have to manually select the wi-fi connection on the phone and then the app is happy.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else has the same issue, or to see if anyone else is on Nougat and doesn't have any problems.

I'm on marshmallow 6 using Sony Xperia Z3 compact and since I stopped WiFi connecting to phev automatically I've had same problem - I now have to connect WiFi to phev before using app or it won't work

Still it's better than missing emails etc because phone was connected to phev instead of mobile network

Try turning off mobile data before you connect.
Android 7 will use mobile data if it can't see internet access on WiFi.

Dear Chris, I have the same phone model and I am a little afraid to updrade it for Android 7.0. Since you upgraded it, do the the bluetooth phone calls work well for you?

I believe that the app AutomateIt could do the trick of turning off mobile data at launch of the Mitsu app and then turn on mobile data upon exit. Haven't tried it yet.

I already use AtomateIt to turn off Wifi once the phone connects to handsfree over Bluetooth in the car. This is avoid loss of notifications over internet.

ClasseClas said:
I believe that the app AutomateIt could do the trick of turning off mobile data at launch of the Mitsu app and then turn on mobile data upon exit. Haven't tried it yet.

I already use AtomateIt to turn off Wifi once the phone connects to handsfree over Bluetooth in the car. This is avoid loss of notifications over internet.
No, it is no longer possible to turn off mobile data from apps like AutomateIt (and IFTTT) in newer Android versions.

Thanks for the help in this thread! Couldn't figure out why it wouldn't connect.

Shame about not being able to disable data automatically.

Hopefully they'll update the app.

On the subject of the app, there are 3 or 4 ones on the Play Store. What's the difference?

Back