Post subject: MY 2017 owners review
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:20 pm 

Hey guys, I started a review/article series about my MY2017 model
https://medium.com/mitsubishi-outlander-phev-2017

Cheers,
Roland

Post subject: Re: MY 2017 owners review
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 2:32 am 

nice post. I think the only colour you can pick for an outlander is grey to hide any dust. Its a nightmare with black! Doesn't sound like that the "EV Mode" isn't really any improvement against a 2016 model as the petrol engine kicks in when cold or require header. Makes me think what benefit does EV mode actually does. Look forward reading up about blind spot warnings and auto full beam toggle on/off if you got those!

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:04 am 

Why on earth did you let yourself get talked into a 32 A system? The charger you are using draws 10A max. and even a dedicated wall charger is perfectly happy in a 16A circuit, as long as you don't run any other appliances off it.

Posts in bold green are made as a moderator. All other posts are just my private opinion as a member.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
Sidebars
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:36 am 

tweedie wrote:
nice post. I think the only colour you can pick for an outlander is grey to hide any dust. Its a nightmare with black! Doesn't sound like that the "EV Mode" isn't really any improvement against a 2016 model as the petrol engine kicks in when cold or require header. Makes me think what benefit does EV mode actually does. Look forward reading up about blind spot warnings and auto full beam toggle on/off if you got those!

Thanks, yeah the EV mode is a bit of a disappointment, but it does have an effect. If I don't turn it on, the ICE kicks in more.
I have blind spot warning, auto beam, 360 degrees camera and parking sensors, adaptive cruise control so will review these next week.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:41 am 

jaapv wrote:
Why on earth did you let yourself get talked into a 32 A system? The charger you are using draws 10A max. and even a dedicated wall charger is perfectly happy in a 16A circuit, as long as you don't run any other appliances off it.

One phase 16A was for the entire house (electric oven, washing machine, dish washer etc). E.g. a washing machine's startup amperage is around 8A. 16A is barely enough for a modern household even without a car :)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:21 am 

Ah, I see, that is indeed a bit stingy for a complete household. ;)

Posts in bold green are made as a moderator. All other posts are just my private opinion as a member.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
Sidebars
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:40 am 

16A for an entire house! The power to my house passes through a sealed master 100amp fuse being as the cooker circuit is 40amps and there are two socket ring mains and two lighting rings as well. In addition we also have a 100amp fuse protecting the heating! All of which is perfectly normal here.

Ah well different rules and regulations everywhere despite 40 years in EU 'integration' :D

(Let's not get into a political debate)

GX3h+ From February 2016
Atlantic Grey
Based in Hitchin - 35K pa Company Car

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 7:17 am 

Steel188 wrote:
16A for an entire house! The power to my house passes through a sealed master 100amp fuse being as the cooker circuit is 40amps and there are two socket ring mains and two lighting rings as well. In addition we also have a 100amp fuse protecting the heating! All of which is perfectly normal here.

Ah well different rules and regulations everywhere despite 40 years in EU 'integration' :D

(Let's not get into a political debate)

:)
Here in Hungary max 3x32A what you can get without extra cost. If you want higher, you need to pay a network development fee to the provider.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:08 pm 

jaapv wrote:

For the PHEV yes, but some EVs can charge quicker with 3x16 or 32A so if your installing a new outlet/wallbox why stick to the old? To me thats just stupid because once you go electrical you will never go back.
If I manage to get use to and tolerat the flaws with my 2017 PHEV for the next three years I probably go all electrical next (would love an EV Volvo or otherwise a Tesla ;)) and then its good to be prepared.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:26 pm 

ktd wrote:
jaapv wrote:

For the PHEV yes, but some EVs can charge quicker with 3x16 or 32A so if your installing a new outlet/wallbox why stick to the old? To me thats just stupid because once you go electrical you will never go back.
If I manage to get use to and tolerat the flaws with my 2017 PHEV for the next three years I probably go all electrical next (would love an EV Volvo or otherwise a Tesla ;)) and then its good to be prepared.

I agree, my next car will be probably a full electric secondary car - a Zoe for example. But I plan to move from here before that.