Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 5:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:47 am 
Offline

Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 4:33 am
Posts: 1
Hi All,
Even though I'm driving in Normal mode (Eco off) the power indicator does not go pass the Eco area . Is that correct ? Even though I was driving with full throttle around 100 kmph or when I go up hill with full throttle it didn't go pass the eco area.

Is this normal ? I bought my Outlander phev 2 months ago , 2014 version.

Appreciate your help in advance .

Thanks
Jayantha


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am
Posts: 2403
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht area
jayanthakgjls wrote:
Hi All,
Even though I'm driving in Normal mode (Eco off) the power indicator does not go pass the Eco area . Is that correct ? Even though I was driving with full throttle around 100 kmph or when I go up hill with full throttle it didn't go pass the eco area.

Is this normal ? I bought my Outlander phev 2 months ago , 2014 version.

Appreciate your help in advance .

Thanks
Jayantha

Doesn't sound right. Did the ICE (petrol engine) come on?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 am
Posts: 14
might be wrong on this, but if the battery is completely flat and you running on petrol, then it wouldn't be able to go into series/parallel mode then there would be no additional power to give you that extra power. Do you feel the burst of power actually happening when you put the pedal to the floor?

(just saying what comes off my head, but something I read tells me additional power comes from battery)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:46 am
Posts: 2673
I can easily drive mine round to the 3 o/c position.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:51 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am
Posts: 2403
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht area
tweedie wrote:
might be wrong on this, but if the battery is completely flat and you running on petrol, then it wouldn't be able to go into series/parallel mode then there would be no additional power to give you that extra power. Do you feel the burst of power actually happening when you put the pedal to the floor?

(just saying what comes off my head, but something I read tells me additional power comes from battery)

What is series/parallel mode?

No power due to empty battery? Extremely unlikely. But OP must have seen the turtle icon on the dash if that were the case.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:42 am
Posts: 14
anko wrote:
What is series/parallel mode?

When you go over certain speed or throttle, the petrol engine kicks in, running with the electric motor in either series or parallel.

I am guessing if battery is completely flat, it's unable to use it, hence no power. Just a guess. More info about about series and parallel modes can be found in the rather good faith of mitsubishi site
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/outlan ... v-faq.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am
Posts: 2403
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht area
tweedie wrote:
anko wrote:
What is series/parallel mode?

When you go over certain speed or throttle, the petrol engine kicks in, running with the electric motor in either series or parallel.

I am guessing if battery is completely flat, it's unable to use it, hence no power. Just a guess. More info about about series and parallel modes can be found in the rather good faith of mitsubishi site
http://www.mitsubishi-cars.co.uk/outlan ... v-faq.aspx
Thanks for clarifying. I did kinda know about series and/or parallel mode. I was just wondering what you meant by series/parallel mode. Now I know: the same ;-)

In 115000 km of PHEV-ing I have experienced reduced power as a result of a flat battery exactly once. This was after towing my 1500 kg caravan over 150 km at motorway speeds and gaining 1100 altitude meters while doing so. By that time, my battery SOC had dropped to approx. 14%, where normally the car will not let you go below about 26%. I had seen several "reduced propulsion power" warnings on the dash, before it actually happened. Like I said: not a very likely cause. Or OP must have seen this turtle on the dash.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 12:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:23 pm
Posts: 189
Location: Dee Why
I would suspect the car has the PHEV Box to limit throttle response installed......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Power indicator does not go over Eco area
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 3:40 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am
Posts: 2403
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht area
PHEV box only has effect up to the kickdown position of the throttle. Full throttle is still full throttle, even with PHEV box and even in ECO mode.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
© Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group