must answer questions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaunandelly

Have a 2016 outlander phev gx4h that I'm about to pull the trigger on. It is a remote car supermarket sale. In your experience what would be the list of "must answer" questions that would let you buy it sight unseen. May well do this tomorrow. :shock:

Battery condition report. I would not buy a car without a satisfactory one, especially in the UK where CHAdeMo charging is (was) prevalent. Also service history. If it hasn't been dealer-serviced it will have lost the guaranty.

You won't be getting a battery condition report from the car supermarket - that would be dealer only.

To be a 2016 plate at a car supermarket, it has most likely been a 12 month lease car. If the mileage is high it is relatively safe to assume battery is in good condition as isn't likely to have been rapid charged much (given the high cost at service stations over the last year).

I would be asking who the previous owner was, does it have dealer service history (most likely does if ex lease) and is the 3 pin plug charge cable present.

Car supermarkets......the problem seems to be not enough product knowledge. Although,was at a dealer yesterday that said that the battery would only say ok or not ok.

Sorry, with all due respect, that is bollocks. The dealer can - and should -, measure the battery at every service. It is not always included in the service charge in the UK, I understand, but they have to do so anyway to add the data to Mitsubishi's database. Some dealers seem to charge for communicating the figure to the customer. :evil:

jaapv said:
Sorry, with all due respect, that is bollocks. The dealer can - and should -, measure the battery at every service. It is not always included in the service charge in the UK, I understand, but they have to do so anyway to add the data to Mitsubishi's database. Some dealers seem to charge for communicating the figure to the customer. :evil:

Well,found another that seems onboard with most things I've quickly gleaned from here as being necessary questions.

Well,that's me in,bought a 2016 gx4h in orient red with 14k on it. Bit of a rushed decision but looking forward to the "learning" bit now.

Back