Disabling remote control boot operation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greatnorth69

Hi all
Can anyone help with this ?
The remote control boot opening/closing is great most of the time, but a pain at times, especially now, as I have put a large roof box on the car and the boot opens high enough to make contact with the rear of the roof box, putting upward pressure on the roof box, which obviously isn't great.

Is there any way of either (a) disabling the remote control so I can just have it as a bog standard manual opening boot that I am in control of deciding how high to let it rise or (b) being able to stop it at a certain point during the rise cycle ( all I seem to be able to do is get to it to start shutting again which isn't going to make emptying the boot very easy )

Thanks in advance

Thanks - it probably is this easy. I'll have a look later. To be honest there are so many buttons on it that I haven't worked them all out yet, so thanks for the point in the right direction

There's a button between the lighter and the key slot. When it's in the remote doesn't work but just makes 4 beeps when you try to operate it.
You can also disable it by pushing twice on the lift actuator on the tailgate, and then you can lift/close by hand.

Greatnorth69 said:
Hi all
Can anyone help with this ?
The remote control boot opening/closing is great most of the time, but a pain at times, especially now, as I have put a large roof box on the car and the boot opens high enough to make contact with the rear of the roof box, putting upward pressure on the roof box, which obviously isn't great.

Is there any way of either (a) disabling the remote control so I can just have it as a bog standard manual opening boot that I am in control of deciding how high to let it rise or (b) being able to stop it at a certain point during the rise cycle ( all I seem to be able to do is get to it to start shutting again which isn't going to make emptying the boot very easy )

Thanks in advance
If you push the opening button twice it will disable the electric opening and revert to manual. It will always rise to the maximum height, though. Wouldn't it be wise to move the roof box a bit forward??

Er having just fitted a roof box myself, this suggests it is well beyond the rear roof bar mounting points, which would put a lot of strain on them. Can't you move it forwards?

Back