Phone bluetooth and USB discconnects & reconnects?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 258

Hi,

I noticed the MMCS saying USB removed, then detected, then confirming files (or something similar). My bluetooth phone also disconnected at the same time then reconnected.

After unplugging the USB memory stick the phone still disconnects and then reconnects.

Both or just the phone may have been doing this for a while without me noticing. Music is being played from the SD card while this happens without any problem.

Just wondered if anyone else had noticed anything similar?

Kind regards,
Mark

I noticed the same thing. I can't understand why the MMC would be doing this.

Another thing I've noticed is that the only reasonable way to play music in the PHEV - because of the lack of search functionality within the music player - is to use Voice Control. In large part, this is working well for me - the voice recognition is pretty accurate, especially when compared to the voice control in my old BMW, which had a complete and utter life of its own.

Another observation is how odd it is that Voice Control for music only works for the USB connected device (including an iPod), but that the only way of displaying cover art is via the SD option (which is a horrible folder structure interface). It seems odd that the USB connection does not allow for cover art.

One final point is that iTunes Match does not work with the voice control - if I ask for an album that is only available in iCloud (so not in my iPhone), the MMC recognises what I'm asking for, but it does not download and play the album.

Mattjam said:
I noticed the same thing. I can't understand why the MMC would be doing this.
Yesterday, I unpaired my phone from the car and repaired it. Previously I had the bluetooth set to headset only but currently I've left it set as headset and audio (A2DP?). This seems to have fixed my problem so far.
Mattjam said:
Another observation is how odd it is that Voice Control for music only works for the USB connected device (including an iPod), but that the only way of displaying cover art is via the SD option (which is a horrible folder structure interface). It seems odd that the USB connection does not allow for cover art.
Agreed. Isn't there a playlist button when playing from the SD card?

Kind regards,
Mark

Back