Maximum predicted EV range?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lyra252

Hi

What's the maximum predicted EV range anyone's had? I used to get 29-30 after 13amp plug in.

Got a 16amp point installed and left it connected all night.

Next morning 38miles predicted. Has anyone managed any higher??

Cheers

Chris
PS If you buy Black enjoy polishing!

The predicted battery range is very subjective. In particular how the car was last driven seems to be a factor. My Aspire PHEV has seen 85km, [53Miles] predicted range. Actual range will depend a lot on terrain and driving style.

PS I have photo here.

PHEV_max_range.gif

I hope to eventually record 100km, but it will be fictional as the real range is between 40 & 50 km.

Lyra252 said:
Hi

What's the maximum predicted EV range anyone's had? I used to get 29-30 after 13amp plug in.

Got a 16amp point installed and left it connected all night.

Next morning 38miles predicted. Has anyone managed any higher??

Cheers

Chris
PS If you buy Black enjoy polishing!

Why are you concerned about the 'predicted' EV range? Its meaningless. I average around 25 miles (+/- 15%)) on a full charge with gentle driving. Most owners seem to achieve that sort of figure. If the predicted figure shows 38 or 98, so what?

I agree with the point you make about Black. Can't understand why anyone would buy that colour unless they have their driver wash it every day and polish it at weekends ;)

Hi,

We're currently getting 25 miles on a full charge showing on the display. This has previously been 28 miles and once hit 30 miles, but never more. My wife is wondering whether any of the batteries has a fault but nothing is indicated as such. We're using a standard 13amp socket at home and have charged several times while out and about using Source East & Ecotricity charging stations.

Had anyone had a similar experience? Has anyone compared charging via 13amp versus 16amp? We've tried charging for just over 5 hours before using the car and leaving it plugged in for a lot longer. I would be interested to know of other users experience/advice.

Thanks,
C

The predicted range is based on your previous driving session. It's an indication of how far you can go if you continue to drive in the same manner and on the same type of road. Better to actually note how far you actually get on battery. This is likely to be 20-25 miles. How you charge the battery makes no difference

pheverish said:
Better to actually note how far you actually get on battery. This is likely to be 20-25 miles.
Hi,
In my case, with urban driving, I actually get 25-30 miles depending on A/C mainly.

Kind regards,
Mark

Distance.jpg

Most I have seen on mine this month...
But as everyone has said its a "Virtual Number" I actually only got 28 miles this morning when I took the dog for a walk and did a shopping trip...

Back