Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK!

Been recalled again, and had the latest software installed.

This time everything is excellent.

From pressing the on button to "Ready" is now taking just over one second. :)

The dealer has advised that they've had more advice from Mitsubishi...

I've been told to expect another recall in the near future regarding the WiFi module/software.

:shock:

I have considered copying out the actual content, you know the bits between all the DANGER! WARNING! PANIC! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! parts...

I wonder if I could get the whole useful part of the manual down to both sides of an A4 page?

:lol:

AndyInOz said:
I have considered copying out the actual content, you know the bits between all the DANGER! WARNING! PANIC! WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE! parts...

I wonder if I could get the whole useful part of the manual down to both sides of an A4 page?

:lol:
I expect you may.

Well I'm joining the club. Picked up an ex demo 2014 PHEV with only 3500 on the clock, and almost four years of warranty left for $33K. Should arrive in a week and the boss has said I can charge it at work :cool:. Just gotta get a towbar fitted and I'm set. Anyone here not use dealer servicing and going with an independent? I've heard less than stellar things about the one Mitsu dealer in Hobart.

Yay! Welcome aboard.

If you're talking about the tow-bar fitting, then yes, I had mine done by Peddars, and they did an excellent job.

If you're talking general servicing, I strongly recommend that you stay with a Mitsubishi dealer.

The car is quite unique, and needs someone with access to Mitsubishi.

:)

AndyInOz said:
If you're talking general servicing, I strongly recommend that you stay with a Mitsubishi dealer.

It's an interesting discussion. Having asked Mitsubishi they are comfortable with a registered non dealer mechanic doing the servicing provided they use genuine parts. Given the ICE is very simple (1 gear, limited rev range, no timing belt etc) that part of the servicing should be a doddle. The EV side of the equation is obviously more specialized, but then again electric motors are very simple units and generally don't require much servicing. Other than that, it comes down to the computer control of the vehicle which means having the right diagnostics and service information. So you would think that with the right mechanic it should be doable, hence why I was wondering if anyone has gone that way.

rangersac said:
AndyInOz said:

It's an interesting discussion. Having asked Mitsubishi they are comfortable with a registered non dealer mechanic doing the servicing provided they use genuine parts. Given the ICE is very simple (1 gear, limited rev range, no timing belt etc) that part of the servicing should be a doddle. The EV side of the equation is obviously more specialized, but then again electric motors are very simple units and generally don't require much servicing. Other than that, it comes down to the computer control of the vehicle which means having the right diagnostics and service information. So you would think that with the right mechanic it should be doable, hence why I was wondering if anyone has gone that way.

Yes have my cars - prius and phev serviced by non dealer mechanic who completes service book and uses genuine parts (inc oil), also has own diagnostics and goes even further to dealer for additional service diagnostics just in case. So far has reported warrantee faults such as rear wheel hub noise (see prev posts).

On different note my Phev currently being looked at for replacement on/off switch fault, part coming via Japan alerted by dash : "Electrical fault service required" - covered by warrantee. While waiting allowed to drive car until part arrives. (so far 79,000km) :cool:

I had mine serviced at UltraTune when I picked it up the air filter hadn't been changed because "it cost $75" They were only $50 cheaper than the dealer's capped price service. Next service will be done by the dealer.
Note, I worked for UltraTune for 4 years about 27 years ago.

fatnat said:
rangersac said:
AndyInOz said:

Yes have my cars - prius and phev serviced by non dealer mechanic who completes service book and uses genuine parts (inc oil), also has own diagnostics and goes even further to dealer for additional service diagnostics just in case. So far has reported warrantee faults such as rear wheel hub noise (see prev posts).

On different note my Phev currently being looked at for replacement on/off switch fault, part coming via Japan alerted by dash : "Electrical fault service required" - covered by warrantee. While waiting allowed to drive car until part arrives. (so far 79,000km) :cool:
But you will miss the firmware updates that are installed during service, to begin with.

jaapv said:

But you will miss the firmware updates that are installed during service, to begin with.

I have no evidence that the official Mitsubishi dealer has ever applied any updates either.

However, my experience with the Prius is that no reputable third party shop is willing to even open the bonnet of a hybrid - in the UK, at least. They are just too worried at the safety implications of the high voltages and currents that are floating around in the drive train and have simply taken the decision that it is not worth the trouble.

No software updates have been required for my car’s last two services so unless any were required within the first year (I do t have the record of this service) there hasn’t been any - at least for the uk 2014 Gx4h.

On different note my Phev currently being looked at for replacement on/off switch fault, part coming via Japan alerted by dash : "Electrical fault service required" - covered by warrantee. While waiting allowed to drive car until part arrives. (so far 79,000km) :cool:[/quote]But you will miss the firmware updates that are installed during service, to begin with.[/quote]

No problem here that is why he visits dealer each time to check for updates etc but none noted other than the recalls. Except for the hybrid section he does a very good job on the normal mechanics.

Picked mine up yesterday and so far I am very impressed. My commute is 24km each way, with a total of 350m of climbing in each direction, in several bumps. Crucially the bulk of this climbing is done on 80 - 100kph roads, with gradients maxing out at around 10%. I was expecting that the engine would be kicking in on some of these climbs given the speed and slope of the hills. However I had no trouble in both directions doing the whole trip on EV only, provided some care was taken with the accelerator. What's also enjoyable about the car is the driving experience using the paddles. As someone who greatly prefers driving manual cars for the driving engagement, the paddles at least provide a more hands on driving experience in comparison to your average point and shoot automatic gearbox driving method.

One thing I have noticed is that on my MMCS there's no ability to set charge timing, despite it being in the manual. Does anyone know if this is due to a firmware upgrade? Is charge timing all done through the app now?

Oh, poop.

In my case that was the first sign that the upgrade had caused problems.

There's a couple of threads about it in the Technical part of the forum.

Is your wifi module working?

Ah, thanks Andy, just found your thread on the issue which sounds eerily similar to mine. Might be a call to the dealer tomorrow methinks.

Back