Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sat Nav & Apple CarPlay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:27 am 

Just took my 64 plate for its first MoT, passed with flying colours. While I was waiting I had a good look around the new models, as I expect to be ordering a new company car next summer. Speaking to the showroom guy, we got to talking about the Sat Nav.....he said the new ones had Apple CarPlay, which I knew, but then he said you HAD to connect a compatible Apple or Google phone in order to use Sat Nav. i.e. that the car, without a phone, didn't have a built in Sat Nav, as my current 64 plate does. I couldn't believe this was true, he checked with his manager, who said the same. Still not believing it, I asked him to show me, but he faffed around with excuses, not having keys available etc, and my car was ready so I left. Is this true, that in the newest models you HAVE to have a phone in the car if you want to use Sat Nav?!

Post subject: Re: Sat Nav & Apple CarPlay
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:25 am 

As I understand it, in the UK only the Juro model supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. This system does not have a built in SatNav but requires you to connect an iPhone or Android phone. In the case of an iPhone this means you have to use Apple’s own “Maps” Sat Nav. Personally, I find this SatNav works OK and from reports on this forum I suspect it is better than Mitsubishi’s MMCS equivalent.

MY17 Juro
Leather
Atlantic Grey

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:56 am 

Thanks Chris. Guess I'm just wary of change and a bit of a techno-phobe......personally I've had no issues with the MMCS/Satnav in my 64 plate, and I'm used to it now!

So does anyone know if the new 4H model has a built in MMCS Satnav that doesn't require a mobile phone?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am 

My understanding is the same as the other Chris - the current 4H model has the MMCS satnav (but definitely worth checking with your dealer). I'm happy enough with the MMCS, but Google's satnav is superior in that it's up-to-date, and more 'aware' of current traffic problems. The only drawback is that it needs phone data, which is a potential cost (though at a few tens of MB/day, it's not likely to put much of a dent in a modern phone plan) and might not work too well if you're spending a long time in areas with a poor signal.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:17 pm 

I believe the “Smartphone Link Display Audio” in the Juro provides pretty much all the functionality of the MMCS except for the integrated SatNav. To my eye it looks sleeker and more up to date than the MMCS being a touchscreen unit with no buttons. I suspect by next year it will have found its way into higher spec models, possibly with an integrated SatNav. However I may be completely wrong.

MY17 Juro
Leather
Atlantic Grey