Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:34 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: PHEV Remote App and Android 6.0
PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:29 am 

You shouldn't need to mess about like that. Just go to WiFi settings, select the car's access point ID, and choose Forget

Steve

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:48 am 

geoffshep69 wrote:
I have an Android phone and use an app called Automate It. I have it set so that every time the phone connects to the car’s Bluetooth it turns off WiFi, which prevents the phone then connecting to the car’s WiFi and losing internet connectivity. When the phone disconnects from Bluetooth it then turns the WiFi back on again.

Works really well for me.

The same for me

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:42 am 

Daff wrote:
You shouldn't need to mess about like that. Just go to WiFi settings, select the car's access point ID, and choose Forget

Steve

If you do that though, doesn't it mean that you cant then use the app to connect if you want to make changes to the timers ?

Although you are connecting via the app, the phone still needs to recognise the saved WiFi network ?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:21 am 

Yes, it works.

Notice the different instructions for iOS and Android in this page: http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/pro ... jizen.html

On iOS you sign into the car's WiFi using the system WiFi Settings. But on Android you are not asked to do that - instead, enter them into the app the first time it runs. The app registers the access point and after that it selects that access point automatically when the app starts, and deselects it when the app stops. If you sign into it manually in the WiFi settings it won't be able to do that.

When I go into the phone's WiFi settings and look in the "Saved Networks" section, the entry for the car's access point says "Saved by Remote Ctrl". I think this is the key thing. If you signed into the network manually, it probably won't say that. So forget the network and re-run the app. It should prompt for the name & key again, and after that it should work automatically. Well, that worked for me. Disclaimer: I am on Android 6.0.1 on a Motorola phone. Not tested other devices/versions.

-- Steve