"Charge timer could not be activated" on PHEV Android App

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwilsonb

Not so much of a question but I had this error quoted in the subject line on the app.

And the car would not charge.

Closed down app, restarted, even turned off timer in app and still would'nt charge.

However as a guess (didn't verify it) it seems that when I activated the electric park brake, as opposed to just putting it in park, it started working again.

Are you saying that your PHEV does not charge unless you activate the electric parking brake ?

I had some issues with my charging timer on MMCS .. which I have solved by disabling the WiFi

Still ... I only use MMCS timer for pre-warm the cabin in the morning ... for the charging timer I prefer to trust my cheap timer on the power plug

I believe there are two versions of the app; one for cars with electric parking brake and one for the other versions. Did you choose the right one when installing (PHEV II)?

My PHEV has developed this issue. Nothing major happened but now will not charge and the apple app states the above so I can’t adjust timer at all and it doesn’t want to charge at all. Car is always left with park light on as we live on a hill so previous why to resolve doesn’t help at all!

I have now noticed a small red light below LCD screen making a beeping noise so will google this and see if there is something of a clue.

Any other suggestions! Cheers

Back