Wifi Dead After Recall 020158 - Remote Security Reflash

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had this done last Thursday when the car was in for MOT and the spark plug recall. The dealer told me it would mean a new password, needing to download a different version of the app and reregistering the phone.

When I collected the car, I was given a screen print from the MUTiii (?) software showing the new wifi code.

So it seems maybe some dealers are more clued up on this than others!

It's a bit of a long story Steve.

We have a dealer in Chesterfield who unfortunately showed zero interest when I went in with my pockets stuffed with cash to make a purchase (not even a trade in) but after a bit of internet malarkey I actually got a phone call from a chappie at Luscombe's who sounded interested so we had a run up to Leeds and after a bit of the usual nonsense agreed on a deal and I bought the car from them.

We now use it as an excuse to go shopping in Leeds once a year as Luscombe's drop us off in town and pick us up again afterwards although the novelty is wearing off a bit, especially as it requires a 3 hour round driving trip to get there and back.

I would certainly recommend them though.

EDIT: Had the wifi flashed and needless to say took me more than an hour to get my 2 devices registered again, what a PIA!

Jim B

steve2001 said:
Claymore said:
Thanks for that Steve....mine's going in to Luscombe's for its second service in a couple of weeks time and if I fail to get preheat 'er indoors will give me GBH of the ear!

JimB

That's a bit of a trek from Chesterfield isn't it Claymore? Unless you work in Leeds or something? Barnsley Harrats is closer to you and jt's just off the M1. I know this because my lease company mistakenly booked my service there until I got them to change to Luscombes :D
Isn't there a dealer near you?

Steve.

Back