Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Winter Tyres?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:14 am 

Well, yes, it is no use arguing with the local village Flic, especially if he is wrong, so better safe than sorry.

Posts in bold green are made as a moderator. All other posts are just my private opinion as a member.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
Sidebars
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:27 am 

I've recently ordered wheels and tyres from Mytyres that will hopefully be delivered next week. However, I'm now concerned that the TPMS will need to be programmed to the car and my local Mitsu dealer is not sure they will talk to his computer? I've then spoken to WheelbaseAlloys who say they program the sensors before sending them out and I just need to link them to the car?

It's all a bit of nightmare and as we're heading to the Jura mountains for new year I don't really want to drive there and back with the car pinging at me all the way.

Can any help with any info to clear this up? Or do I cancel the tyres etc and just get a set of snowchains?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:10 am 

If you dislike pinging you'll hate the rattling of snow chains :P . It appears that this is going to be a rather snowy winter on the Continent if the early signs hold true - just get your winter tyres, TPMS can be easily sorted.

Posts in bold green are made as a moderator. All other posts are just my private opinion as a member.

Instyle+ 2013
Titanium Grey
Off-white leather
Body kit
Protection kit
Sidebars
TPMS
Skidplates

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:08 pm 

Hi DavidWh,

Here's my account of it:
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2997&p=35037#p35037

Be sure to buy TPMS sensors which are "compatible" with the outlander. Then all the dealer has to do is program the IDs in the car computer using an "activation tool" that they put near each wheel in sequence (forcing the sensor to "beep" its ID). I bought these and they work fine (a bit expensive IMO):
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TPMS-Sensors- ... Swo4pYVCwT

Hope it helps...

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:48 pm 

When I bought a set from Mitsu, they were about £120 - a fraction of the cost of the wheels & tyres. If you are worried about 3rd party ones, get you dealer to supply & programme to the car. He should be able to do this even before the tyres turn up.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:31 pm 

I’m planning on getting a set of the quattracs soon. Can’t I just use the TPMS in the tyres already and get them recalibrated to the new tyres? I have 2015 GX5

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:55 pm 

If you're just changing the tyres on the OEM wheels there is nothing to do re calibration.

JimB

'16 GX4H, Orient Red, Gen 3 Glasscoat, Bonnet Lettering, Chrome Pack, Protection Pack, Front and Rear Sensors.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:35 pm 

Claymore wrote:
If you're just changing the tyres on the OEM wheels there is nothing to do ...

... except to consider a battery change for the sensors?

Harald

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:35 am 

Location: Stamford, Lincolnshire, UK. 2014 GX4h with clear light lenses.
DavidWh wrote:
I've recently ordered wheels and tyres from Mytyres that will hopefully be delivered next week. However, I'm now concerned that the TPMS will need to be programmed to the car and my local Mitsu dealer is not sure they will talk to his computer? I've then spoken to WheelbaseAlloys who say they program the sensors before sending them out and I just need to link them to the car?

It's all a bit of nightmare and as we're heading to the Jura mountains for new year I don't really want to drive there and back with the car pinging at me all the way.

Can any help with any info to clear this up? Or do I cancel the tyres etc and just get a set of snowchains?

If you read back a few pages on this post you can read my account of recent TPMS fitment too - although mine were OEM TPMS monitors on OEM Mitsubishi 18inch alloy wheels.
My PHEV is a GX4h I don't know if the TPMS switchability (from position 1 to 2 on the dash display) is available on the GX3?

Can you actually change the batteries on the OEM TPMS sensors then - I forgot to look. I hope they last longer than the 6 years I seem to remember reading somewhere!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:27 pm 

Thanks all for the info. I ended up cancelling the original order with MyTyres as I couldn't be certain the after market TPMS on the new wheels were going to work and don't have the time to change things if they didn't. I have now ordered these: Vredestein Wintrac Xtreme from Oponeo and will get them fitted to the original wheels for now. It's saved me around £600 for now and if I decide later to buy some extra wheels I can get them all sorted in slow time when things are not so busy. I did try to buy some winter tyres from a local tyre dealer but he could only source budget or seriously expensive so hopefully these will do the job at a reasonable price. I now just have to hope they turn up in time for me to get them fitted as our friends report that snow is falling around the Gex area and looks like we may actually even get some winter weather in SE UK this year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 323 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33  Next