Has yours got a name?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Highspen

.... so I am out in the drive, tuning in the DAB and counting down to midnight, when out comes the wife with a coffee. She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed has a happy knack of naming all of our cars in a most appropriate fashion. So there I am, with both manuals on my lap tapping away at the screen and she comes out with ".... so how are things on the bridge of the Enterprise?"

There you go.... the Enterprise, with whooshy tailgates as doors. Job done.

She says that she is going to glue a safety pin on the remote so I can wear it as a communicator - is she taking the mickey?

:)

Ours is sometimes Bev the Phev, sometimes Trev the Phev, but normally just "the car" I'm afraid. After two months and 3k miles I've still not managed to wash it (or apply the paint protection stuff I diligently bought on the internet before taking delivery). I have hoovered it about 5 times though (2 small children, therefore essential). And I've not bothered taking it back to the dealer yet for the mud flaps and other door protection pack c*** we were supposed to get with it (got the boot liner and mats which were the important bits).

And, it has been a long time since I consulted the tomes which are masquerading as the twin manuals (which are now providing useful extra weight in the glovebox to help me coast downhills) - I find it easier to check on the forum for advice. After 48 hours of manual perusal, we'll know who to ask: Highspen!

And at midnight, Bev/Trev'll just be another car, no longer the newest reg, making way for a new generation of Phevs with TPMS...

Still, I did treat him/her to a full tank of Tesco Momentum this week - should last us till Xmas! And maybe now my daughter is starting school I'll finally get round to getting a bucket and sponge out...

H
(And I've still not seen another on the road, but maybe the new reg will change that...)
PS - the blue doesn't show the dirt that much...

Ours is called Phoebe, supposedly for 'Plug-in hybrid or electric battery engine' or some such nonsense. Anyway it was the closest we could get to one of the 'Friends' names (of which my elder daughter is a huge fan :oops: ).
We have the protection pack and yes the bootliner is worth it, as are the mudflaps I think, and maybe the mats, but not the rest....
Blue is a good colour to hide the dirt. We've also not washed her yet, nor indeed hoovered the inside; I recommend not letting your kids sit in the car if they've just had sunscreen applied - I had always assumed the leather would be easier to clean.... :cry:
Still showing a full tank although I did hear that noisy petrol engine yesterday... :(

Helga, after the Gestapo lady in Allo Allo, and inspired by the Germanic, Dominatrix sat-nag...

Our cars only have names when they break. I'm pretty sure that the filters on this forum software would translate these names to asterisks!

I thought I'd been pretty smart to think of 'Enterprise' for mine when it arrives, but well beaten to it I see.

Nevertheless, I'll still enjoy playing with the warp and old tech impulse drives and stalking Klingons (those klinging on to their VW diesels...I've sold mine :D ).

I wonder if 'Computer' can be programmed to, instead of showing a tortoise, loudly proclaiming 'the ingins cannae take it Jim!'.

Phasers to stun,

Kirk, out.

Mines called Angus, being a reference to Angus Young the lead guitarist from AC/DC.

Thought it was appropriate since I can charge the car either with AC or DC.

I call mine Earnie. after the Bennie hill song... as its is a posh milk float! ha ha.... Earnie has replaced Doris the BMW...

supastu said:
I call mine Earnie. after the Bennie hill song... as its is a posh milk float! ha ha.... Earnie has replaced Doris the BMW...

Mine was also nicknamed Ernie by my colleagues very early on and I quite like it.

simonrh said:
supastu said:

Mine was also nicknamed Ernie by my colleagues very early on and I quite like it.

Surely Trigger would be more appropriate for the car - you are Ernie :lol:

Hi everybody!

Mine is only just ordered, however despite that, and because I test drove the exact spec and colour as I ordered, my wife is already referring to my PHEV as the Fire Engine....

Never really named a car before, but if I did I would probably call mine Heart of Gold, after the space ship in Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy.

Why?

There are several similarities:

My car is white
It is silent
It has an "infinite improbability drive"

"EV range equals 7 miles... And falling"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I found the name "OPI" on the Internet - Outlander Plug In. My wife is German, and we speak German at home. Opi means Grandpa in German.

I found the name fitting, and every car needs a name I feel. My other car is called Godzilla (GT-R, so not very original), so Grandpa is somehow fitting for the Outlander! Picked it up at the dealer the day before yesterday, blue with cream leather. Very pleased with it so far (now that I have found out why the tailgate didn't open automatically any more, thanks to a posting on this site).

It doesn't do 0-100 kmh in 2.7 seconds like Godzilla, but what Grandpa does?!

My daughter and i have called ours EVE (Extraterrestrial Vegetation Evaluator)."She has a glossy white egg-shaped body and blue LED eyes. She moves using antigravity technology and is equipped with scanners". After the space robot that Wall-e falls in love with. Plus with ours being pearl white. It kind of suits.

wall_e___eve_by_fineeve_by_silveralchemist09-d36znm0.png

Back