New J1772 installed, but No Cable ???

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockneyPaddy

Just had my 16amp home charger installed by Charge Master. 2 guys came the first time, but were unable to install the home charger because I required a separate circuit board.
Came back today and charged me £200.00 to supply and install the circuit board which I agreed. Installed the New J1772 with no problem at all. Looks great, but I thought that it would have come with a 5 meter cable to connect to my new PHEV ? Can any one put me right on this ? Very pleased with Charge Master and their excellent Service

Charge Master have an option of a charging point with captive cable, but if you take the version with a socket, they do not supply the cable, I'm afraid. You need to buy one - £300 from Mitsubishi or £150 from a 3rd party via the web.

maby said:
Charge Master have an option of a charging point with captive cable, but if you take the version with a socket, they do not supply the cable, I'm afraid. You need to buy one - £300 from Mitsubishi or £150 from a 3rd party via the web.

Were you there when they fitted it.? When my installer came he said he had just been to a house to change one over because the home owner wanted a cable and they fitted a socket type. They should have given you the option. may be worth a call to see if they will swap it over for you.

This is the same situation I have.
I wasn't given an option, they just fitted the socket version.

In chasing through the length of sub sub contractors, and being told it was actually better for me, I now have the option of buying a cable or waiting until I get the car and apply for a switch to tethered via the new scheme.
I'll buy a cable anyway, but was hoping to have the tethered at home so I wasn't having to retrieve cable from car every time I returned home.

chindley said:
maby said:

Were you there when they fitted it.? When my installer came he said he had just been to a house to change one over because the home owner wanted a cable and they fitted a socket type. They should have given you the option. may be worth a call to see if they will swap it over for you.

sorry - i didn't make myself clear - I wanted the socketed version - I didn't want the tethered cable hanging around and the socket is installed on the wall just outside the garage where it would have been hit by the door opening if it had the plug inserted.

DavidEJM said:
Where are you maby. Perhaps we could swap! :lol:

I'm still not making myself clear - I've got what I wanted - Charge Master discussed it with me when I ordered and installed exactly the right thing.

Just as a point of correction, the charging unit does not have a J1772 connection. Your car does. The connection on the charging unit is a 62196-2 connection, which is often just referred to as Type 2.

Oh right thats ok then, I think because you said " Looks great, but I thought that it would have come with a 5 meter cable to connect to my new PHEV ? Can any one put me right on this ? Very pleased with Charge Master and their excellent Service" people thought you wanted a tethered unit.
Alls well that ends well. :lol:

chindley said:
Oh right thats ok then, I think because you said " Looks great, but I thought that it would have come with a 5 meter cable to connect to my new PHEV ? Can any one put me right on this ? Very pleased with Charge Master and their excellent Service" people thought you wanted a tethered unit.
Alls well that ends well. :lol:

I think you are confusing me with another contributor to the thread!

maby said:
You need to get cable anyway to be able to charge from public charging points.

Back