open door(s) without permanent beeping?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Harald

Hi All,

Today, I tried to find any non-driving vehicle mode where I can play music and have the door(s) open.
Cutting a long story short: I failed. Regardless what the mode was (ON or ACC), I always had a Beep warning which is not funny, when you want to play music...

I would be grateful for a hint how this can be solved.

Regards, Harald

PS:
Using the 230 Volt socket was possible only in Drive mode which also is strange.
All driving electronics up and alert for operating some stationary electric equipment???

Harald said:
Hi All,

Today, I tried to find any non-driving vehicle mode where I can play music and have the door(s) open.
Cutting a long story short: I failed. Regardless what the mode was (ON or ACC), I always had a Beep warning which is not funny, when you want to play music...

Hi Harald,
The speaker for the doors etc is from memory behind the instrument cluster . I remember seeing on youtube someone pull the cluster apart to muffle the speaker.

But in your case you could just close the doors and drop all the windows and open the trunk or hatch door and the music comes out pretty damn good.

Harald said:
PS:Using the 230 Volt socket was possible only in Drive mode which also is strange.
All driving electronics up and alert for operating some stationary electric equipment???

I will assume you mean ready mode. They would do this so you cannot flatten the drive battery I think ie the petrol motor can start to keep it charged up. A dead drive battery is bad.

Regards Trex.

Tell me about the 230V socket. Which models/markets have that? Mine doesn't. Or is it an add-on?

Steve

Trex said:
Harald said:
PS:Using the 230 Volt socket was possible only in Drive mode which also is strange.

I will assume you mean ready mode. They would do this so you cannot flatten the drive battery I think ie the petrol motor can start to keep it charged up. A dead drive battery is bad.

Regards Trex.

Surely this is more the case of not wanting the auxiliary battery to be drained and to ensure it is charged from the traction battery via the DC/DC converter which only happens in READY?
If you leave the car in ACC so as to be able to use accessories the aux battery will die and so the car needs to be in READY mode to do as above.
If you end up with an exhausted auxiliary battery the car cannot be started!

1) open door beeping:
Having the windows open does not really work when you want to get things in or out of the car, etc...
If another idea comes up, this would be great.

2) 230 V only available in "ready mode":
There should be no risk for anything if the 230V are available in ACC mode until the battery level has fallen to a certain level.
As soon as this is reached, 230V might simply be switched off or an alarm could be given 5 min before...
In the way it is implemented now, I cannot use it responsibly when I am not close to the car.
The car cannot be locked, a child or other person might try to drive away, etc...
Nice that the car has such socket, but the integration could really be better.

I find the persistent beeping in Acc mode is only with the driver's door. It is a very annoying features, I agree, but at least if I just want a door open to dangle a cable out (e.g. tyre compressor plugged into 12v socket) I can use one of the other doors.

Steve

Tipper said:
Trex said:
Harald said:

Regards Trex.

Surely this is more the case of not wanting the auxiliary battery to be drained and to ensure it is charged from the traction battery via the DC/DC converter which only happens in READY?
If you leave the car in ACC so as to be able to use accessories the aux battery will die and so the car needs to be in READY mode to do as above.
If you end up with an exhausted auxiliary battery the car cannot be started!

So you are saying they have a inverter that takes the 300v DC from the drive battery down to 12v DC then back up to 240v AC. Not very efficient or cost effective but may be
safer as far as running HV power in the cabin.

The dead auxiliary battery can be jump started with a small power pack a dead drive battery not so easy. ;)

Harald said:
1) open door beeping:
Having the windows open does not really work when you want to get things in or out of the car, etc...
If another idea comes up, this would be great.

2) 230 V only available in "ready mode":
There should be no risk for anything if the 230V are available in ACC mode until the battery level has fallen to a certain level.
As soon as this is reached, 230V might simply be switched off or an alarm could be given 5 min before...
In the way it is implemented now, I cannot use it responsibly when I am not close to the car.
The car cannot be locked, a child or other person might try to drive away, etc...
Nice that the car has such socket, but the integration could really be better.

The car can be locked manually while the car is in ready mode. Use the little key built into the keyfob.

The back hatch does not beep when left open. Things can be passed through the window and placed on the seat till you are ready to go.

I have given you a way of fixing the the beeping by pulling apart the instrument cluster if you so desire. Others have. Just have a go or get some one to help you if you are not comfortable with doing it.

Regards Trex.

Trex said:
... they have a inverter that takes the 300v DC from the drive battery down to 12v DC then back up to 240v AC. Not very efficient or cost effective but may be safer as far as running HV power in the cabin...
The 230 V should come from the 300 V drive battery, not from the small sized 12 V system.

Trex said:
The car can be locked manually while the car is in ready mode. Use the little key built into the keyfob.
The back hatch does not beep when left open. Things can be passed through the window and placed on the seat till you are ready to go.
Thanks for the suggested workarounds.
Yes, the MMC engineers have considered everything and have foreseen to use the windows instead of the doors for loading/unloading! :D

Trex said:
I have given you a way of fixing the the beeping by pulling apart the instrument cluster if you so desire. Others have. Just have a go or get some one to help you if you are not comfortable with doing it.
As your advice was just "from memory" and of general nature: You've probably referred to the thread that I have opened?
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=3403&p=39382&hilit=beep#p39382
If you should know where the beeper is on a 2017 model, pls. give a hint in the other thread.

Best regards, Harald

Back