Remote Ctrl app questions - RESOLVED

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThudnBlundr

I have looked through previous threads, but haven't been able to find much related to this.

Just picked up my 2015 GX4hs today, and I've been trying to connect the Remote app to it. I'm struggling to work out which app I need to start with, as it talks about 10 and 14 digit passwords, and the only code I have is 8 characters (4 numbers, 1 letter, 3 numbers) with a QR code. No SSID or anything. This was in the folder with the instruction manuals and service book. Is this the wrong code, as I can't find anything else.

I did try to connect, and went through the turn to ACC, and press the keyfob lock/unlock 10 times, but nothing happened - no beeps or anything. I assume I should be in the car while doing this.

I hope I'm just missing something obvious, but I can't think what! I guess I might have to head back to the dealer if I can't sort this...

Hi, that bit with the QR code, you should be able to open it up and it will show inside the SSID and password.

Make sure it is the correct mode, foot off the brake and press the power button ( from off) once not twice and all the doors are closed. If it still doesn't beep it may be in sleep mode or a fault with the ECU

Thanks - I'll check the code.

Thanks also for the suggestion - I did it with feet off the pedals and with the orange light on for ACC. I've found some posts about a faulty remote unit on the car, which would be a disappointing start!

Try this, it may work to "wake up" the onboard wifi.

https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html#reset

D'oh! :oops:

When it said "within 10 seconds", I assumed it meant start pressing buttons on the remote within 10 seconds. I pressed them deliberately and it didn't work. When I used 2 fingers to press them quickly, it did work, and no previous phone was on there.

The code was on the piece of paper as Rogue suggested - it was folded in half when they put it in the clear pouch and I found the 10-digit code when I pulled it out. That means I have to use the original app with its 2014MY settings.

Thanks for your swift help and suggestions everyone :)

Back