What Have You Done To Your PHEV Today?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't done anything to my PHEV today, but I have order a new one!

Currently got a 14 plate 3H, a nice shiny new 4h will be arriving in December. Ruby black and I'm very much looking forward to having the preheating function available for cold winter mornings, and my wife is looking forward to the heated steering wheel.

My wife loves the heated steering wheel, but (oddly) only the lower half is heated. So to get the benefit you have to hold it at "twenty to four" rather than the more traditional (as I was taught) "ten to two".

I fitted a rear bumper protector. Came with lots of instructions about using masking tape to measure and mark the bumper to get the location precise. I couldn't figure them out so went for dead reckoning, looks OK so far!

Even in the few days between getting the car and fitting the protector the bumper had stated to get scratched so glad of the extra protection (should be fitted as standard really).

Well yesterday, had a new windscreen fitted ready for its first MOT next week, I had 2 big chips in it which may have caused an issue.

Annoyingly I could hear a rattle driving today. Further investigation I found the overhead light console hanging half out and needed clipping back in, and the mirror feels like it has a wobble as if not fixed properly. May need to call Autoglass back, which is always a pain as they usually show up several hours later than the time they say. Stuck with them as its a company car.

MOT should be OK but I have some niggles the rear brakes may be an issue...

I gave it to my wife :shock:

After more than 4 years PHEV it was time for me to take the next step: I took delivery of an Opel Ampera E (Chevrolet Bolt EV) full electric vehicle. Since it cannot even tow a bicyclist, we keep the PHEV for vacations ... and for my wife of course!

Sorry to hear that, anko. Will you be contributing to the Chevy Bolt forum in future?? I think you should stick to the PHEV and let your wife drive the Ampera E... unless she also posts on the forum of course :lol:

Nice. It's a pity that model has not made it to the UK. Looks so much better than the Zoe or Leaf for a small full EV.

Steve

jdsx said:
posts on the forum
Similar from my side: I would appreciate if you would continue in this forum.

* for topics you brought up so far
* for topics where you were helping others

Best regards, Harald

BobEngineer said:
Well yesterday, had a new windscreen fitted ready for its first MOT next week, I had 2 big chips in it which may have caused an issue.

Annoyingly I could hear a rattle driving today. Further investigation I found the overhead light console hanging half out and needed clipping back in, and the mirror feels like it has a wobble as if not fixed properly. May need to call Autoglass back, which is always a pain as they usually show up several hours later than the time they say. Stuck with them as its a company car.

MOT should be OK but I have some niggles the rear brakes may be an issue...

First MOT passed. No emission test required.. it would be tricky!

Also as it is considered full time 4wd the brake test has to be done by the tester driving and braking with a deceleration monitor onboard rather than on the rolling road.

Nothing - left it at home today BUT this did give me the opportunity to ride in one of the new EV taxis here in London and compare notes with the cabbie.

It will come as no surprise that they don't get the promised mileage - 60 against 80 odd - and the heater drains the battery. He was worried that the Aircon would have a similar effectit but I reassured him that this is not our experience. It is not a pure hybrid as it uses the ICE as a range extender and has no direct drive mode unlike the PHEV for high speed cruising. This must make it difficult bombing down the M4 to Heathrow with a flat battery. :eek:

Interesting that a similar size & weight(?) car has over double the EV range, so must have a much bigger battery pack but it does cost considerably more than ours.

The driver liked the quieter drive and acceleration but bemoaned the lack of dedicated taxi charge points - or rather that those so far installed don't have the proper signage to prevent other EV drivers thinking they can use them as well :lol: He agreed that the EV had encouraged a more relaxed style of driving.

Overall he seemed pleased with it and so was I. :p

Put the summer tyres back on today. I think there were two (or maybe three) days this winter where having proper winter tyres made a difference....! Mind you, last winter (17-18), during the 'beast from the east', there were several days where I was the only person near me who could get their car in or out of our road!
Btw, if anyone is tempted to fit cheap aftermarket TPMS sensors, don't bother... I had some on this winter, but they had corroded so much (actually the 'anti-theft' nuts which fit 'under' the sensors themselves to stop them being nicked/tampered with) that the garage couldn't get them off at all. In the end, I had to call the AA who eventually managed to get them off, but only by destroying the sensors and cutting through the 'nut'....lesson learned.... :oops:

Got my "stallion" side steps delivered today ! now to get them fitted or does anybody have any tips that could help if I try and do them myself ? ( 60 yo with a dodgy back )

I did a 400 mile drive today on just over 1 tank of fuel. The car made the drive so easy, I usually hate driving for more than 30 mins so this was a good test of the car.

Back