Australians down under

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maby said:
modern four-stroke petrol suitcase generators in the 1 to 2kw range are small, clean and almost silent.

As an owner of a EU20i for the past 12 years (originally bought for a Kedron caravan), I find they are neither odourless or silent. I would not wish to have one taking up space in my PHEV, nor do I have the urge to use the PHEV traction battery for my frequent grid outages, however the 2kW of PV given to me recently is asking to be turned into an off-grid power source. If only it made financial sense.

I contacted them on Facebook. The guy says guy have to speak to Mitsubishi about it as they’ve only available through them. Says the dealers may not know so to ask head office.

For occasional camping, tent lights etc can be used without fear of not being able to start the car the next day. Super handy I think, without noise, taking up space etc. Better than the typical installing a second battery in a 4WD setup.

Hi Guys,

Thinking of purchasing a used 2014 PHEV in Melbourne. There are currently a couple of dealers looking for between $30K to $34K (drive away) for cars with around 33,000km on the clock. These are all ex Mitsubishi owned PHEVs. (One dealer has 5 standard and 3 Aspire)
Just wondering what is a good price for a used PHEV. Is there much bargaining power out there? Reading back through the thread some of you seem to have got better deals than this.

Thanks,
Chilly

ChillyMc said:
Thinking of purchasing a used 2014 PHEV in Melbourne. There are currently a couple of dealers looking for between $30K to $34K (drive away) for cars with around 33,000km on the clock.

A mate of mine just paid $26k for one which had done 40K km in NSW. Not an Aspire model.

Are your choices for Aspire model? FCM and ACC are pretty good, especially for long road trips.

I paid about $40k on road for my 2014 PHEV Aspire about two years ago.

It was an ex Mitsubishi lease car and had 8,900 on the clock IIRC.

I'll see if I can dig up an original post when I first bought it, probably would have better info.

Heheheh

Memory is not so bad.

Here is my first post on the forum: http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1819&p=19759#p19759

Sept 10, 2015

8,700 on the clock. :)

zzcoopej said:
ChillyMc said:
Thinking of purchasing a used 2014 PHEV in Melbourne. There are currently a couple of dealers looking for between $30K to $34K (drive away) for cars with around 33,000km on the clock.
Are your choices for Aspire model? FCM and ACC are pretty good, especially for long road trips.

Long time lurker, first time poster - finally an appropriate place to chime in...

I got my 2014.5 Aspire with 17600km on the clock for just under $34k about this time last year, done another 17000km on it since.

I second the comment about ACC, it's really really useful and once you understand it's quirks, really a most pleasant way to get about both in the city and on the open road.

Mine was also an ex-Mitsubishi car, and I got two chargers (one 10A plug, one 15A) and a boot full of Mitsubishi technical sales literature which was quite an interesting read.
I also got about a third of a roof rack :? No rails, three of the locks - took me ages to figure what they were.
Tow bar fitted and used, no problems with towing.
Not sure if the heated seats are Aspire only but they're nice too.

HappyHeyoka said:
Not sure if the heated seats are Aspire only but they're nice too.

Yep. They're Aspire only, and I'm super glad that I chose this model.

Turns out, they're as good for my back as a trip to the Physio.

PHEV for the win!

I am a new owner, bought a 2014 model with only 8700km on the clock in Melbourne last week. Very happy with it, still learning all the little tricks that are part of these cars.

Solargen said:
I am a new owner, bought a 2014 model with only 8700km on the clock in Melbourne last week. Very happy with it, still learning all the little tricks that are part of these cars.

wow, and I thought I got a good deal with 17000km! enjoy!

Solargen said:
I am a new owner .... still learning all the little tricks that are part of these cars.

Welcome to the "world according to PHEV". There is tons of info on this forum and Facebook, and plenty of happy Aussie owners like us (we also have an iMiEV)

After 3 years owning our PHEV, a good friend of mine also purchased a second hand PHEV recently, and my wife (K) was chatting to his wife (R) as they returned to their PHEV. The story went like this -

(R) fumble fumble fumble in the handbag
(K) why don't you just press the button on the door?
(R) that's fine to get in the car, but then I still need to find the key to put in the slot to start the PHEV
(K) I don't know about the base model, but on the Aspire we don't have a slot (I didn't bother telling my wife about it)
(K) Why don't you just try it?
(R) Wow, it works!

There is a slot for the key.. but never used it.
However, the first week we had it, went to pick up some takeway... no parking so my wife drove off and parked two blocks away..... turned off the car waiting for me.
I called her 10 min later to come and get me.... guess who had the key in their pocket... guess who couldn't start the car ;-)

HHL said:
I called her 10 min later to come and get me.... guess who had the key in their pocket... guess who couldn't start the car ;-)

I havn't had that one, however I have had the wife leave her PHEV key in her handbag in the PHEV, and when I try to lock it with the 2nd PHEV key in my pocket, the PHEV says "NO". Took a while to figure out the problem.
Service departments leave the window ajar and drop the key onto a seat if they close before you can pick up the PHEV after servicing to get around the "can't lock with the key still inside" issue.

I also met a person who didn't realise the "loop" on the PHEV key is part of a hidden "old school" key, released by that slider on the back. I think you can lock a 2nd key in the PHEV using that traditional key, although I havn't tried it.

I did my first long trip last weekend, had to attend a funeral in Glen Innes. So Sydney-Glen Innes, with 4 people going up and 5 coming back, in hot conditions 36-40deg with the AC on all the time and no charging at the destination, overall fuel consumption for the 1400km round trip was 6.9 l/100km. I was impressed with this, this was a tough test, climbing 1300m in trying conditions. I was aware that climbing the Moonbi Ranges outside Tamworth would be a test so following Trek and others advice I did some pre-charging so at the bottom of the climb had 5km of battery range. For the first half of the climb, 100kmh section the car went well but on reaching the 2nd stage which is twisty and 80kmh limit the car ran out of battery and I experienced the screaming engine for the first time. It startled my at first until I realised what had happened. :eek: Next time I will be more prepared for these big climbs and have more battery capacity. Overall very happy with the car.

After 2 months of PHEV ownership I had my first puncture, fortunately it didn't prevent me getting home before the tyre went flat. However, it reinforced my need to get a spare.
In Sydney, a single second hand wheel and tyre costs around $500, but a wrecker is offering me 4 wheels with tyres for the same price. They are from a standard outlander and from the pictures it would seem are the same as on our cars. My question, is there anyone, particularly in Sydney who would be interested in sharing the cost of buying or more wheels for their car?
I would only take one but at a pinch would be prepared to take two.
PM me if you are interested.

Solargen said:
After 2 months of PHEV ownership I had my first puncture, fortunately it didn't prevent me getting home before the tyre went flat. However, it reinforced my need to get a spare.
In Sydney, a single second hand wheel and tyre costs around $500, but a wrecker is offering me 4 wheels with tyres for the same price. They are from a standard outlander and from the pictures it would seem are the same as on our cars. My question, is there anyone, particularly in Sydney who would be interested in sharing the cost of buying or more wheels for their car?
I would only take one but at a pinch would be prepared to take two.
PM me if you are interested.

At that sort of price it would almost be worth flying out from the cold UK but the excess luggage cost on the return is the killer. :lol:

I'll buy one off you.

:)

Freighting it to Adelaide will be a pain, but I can pay for that from here.

We should try and get them to throw in the lug-nuts.

I had my first puncture, fortunately it didn't prevent me getting home before the tyre went flat. However, it reinforced my need to get a spare.

Ditto, though after 12 months. I'd be more inclined to try and get hold of a compatible space saver wheel, although I suppose having a full size one at home is an option.
I'm in Brisbane, so can't really participate in a your group buy.

In other news, there's another recall:

Code:
https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/mitsubishi-motors-australia-ltd-13-155my-xb-asx-and-13-16my-zj-zk-outlander

All vehicles are subject to condition a) whilst only some vehicles are subject to condition b)

a) Improper sealing of parking brake caliper may allow water entry, causing rust on the parking brake shaft. As a result the brake shaft may stick, and this may allow the vehicle to roll away when parked;

b) A defect with the parking brake automatic adjuster may fail to compensate for brake pad wear, and this may allow the vehicle to roll away when parked.

Hello!

Anyone out there clocked up a high mileage?

How have you gone for servicing after the fixed price period? What have you paid for the 75k, 90k, 105k services (if you have had them done)

Back