Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Owner since 08/02/18
2. Model : GX4H
3. non FACELIFT MY14 in white
4. Previously had outlander diesel which I loved but wrote off so this is a natural progression
5. Location - Mansfield England
6. Occupation It systems developer
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before
None...

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery - Owned it since one week ago.

2. Model / possible model - MY17 VRX (NZ higher spec). Bought ex-demo 5 months after first registration but of the two on the lot, I got the one that had mostly sat inside the showroom, 201 km on the odometer.

3. Facelift / non facelift - Facelift I guess, MY17.

4. What attracted you to the car initially - Electric range well above our usual daily driving distance, and safety features.

5. Location - city & country - Christchurch, New Zealand.

6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language) - Software engineer.

7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - I guess a push-along electric mower (extension cord, no battery) doesn't count.

1. Brand new owner (2/10/18)
2. White SEL (North America base)
3. N/A
4. Only suitable replacement for the Highlander hybrid I will trade in for my Model 3, whenever that happens, cough cough...
5. Southern California, USA
6. Software product manager
7. Been driving all electric for 5 years now (Smart Electric Drive, then Mercedes B-class 250e). I also have driven a Ford Focus EV, and a VW e-golf pretty regularly. And the Highlander hybrid.

1. Owner since January 20, 2018
2. Model : SE Touring
3. Facelift MY2018 - the first batch in Toronto I was told
4. What gotten to the car - Previously owned 2009 Outlander LS V6 - great reliability, capability, AWD & practicality. Less so the utter lack of sound deadening & horrendous MPG. Was given a decent offer for trade-in & EV rebates, so went for it.
5. Location - Ontario, Canada
6. Occupation - University Student/Arcade attendant
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - First one

Owner since end 10/2017
Model 4h non-metalic (i.e.standard!) white. Facelift
Pre-owned by dealer as one of their England Rugby support team vehicles. Bought at 3,700 miles approx.
Liked the principle of a 'clean' car but needed range as well - and disgusted by VAG group /dieselgate
Epsom, Surrey, U.K.
Retired but travel down to Sussex weekly to volunteer at Bluebell Rly. Also horse rider with apres- ride muck collection,etc.
Never had a EV or anything like it, but have had 2 Mitsubishis of various types amongst other cars in the past. We're very pleased with the car but it is a tad too big. An ASX version, if there were one, would suit us best.

1. Owner - Since 3 weeks back :)
2. Model - GX4h? How can i tell what model it is? It's from 2014 - Glacier Blue
3. Non facelift
4. What attracted you to the car - EV and some tax benefit (company and personal) I like tech and i like the idea of being as low emissions as possible
5. Location - Stockholm, Sweden
6. Occupation - Software Engineer, like almost everyone else in this forum! :p
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV - I've rented a BMW i3 a few times.

Neymar said:
The activity on the forum is incredible, new topics being created all the time; new people adding to old topics. I have to say - I love the forum.

You should have been here three years ago when the car was recently launched - this forum is getting a bit slow these days.

1. Looking to get rid of our old diesel 7-seater as the kids are off to uni and we don't need the capacity any more. Been looking for a couple of weeks
2. Anything with the electric heater
3. Probably pre-facelift based on our budget
4. We already have a Zoe EV, and we wanted a PHEV for it's electric abilities, but also be able to do long distances without a problem. Any decent-sized PHEV would have done, but this is the only decent option on our budget - at least that's what I tell SWMBO, as I really like the Outlander, but don't tell her ;)
5. Yorkshire end of the M1 in England
6. Change Management Consultant, which means I do IT but also work on the new processes required to make things faster and smoother as well as the enabling technology
7. We bought a 2015 Zoe very cheaply from a dealer last November - it's only got the 22kWh battery, but it's great for commuting into Leeds or York and we're using it far more than we thought.

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery - Owner as of Feb 20, 2018
2. Model / possible model - 2018 Quartz Brown Metallic Outlander GT
3. Facelift / non facelift - ??
4. What attracted you to the car initially - Looking for SUV, 4 Wheel drive, pinball totable vehicle and at least a hybrid. This one fit the bill.
5. Location - Fernandina Beach, FL
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)- retired engineer, Pinball Museum owner
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - none before.

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery - since last week
2. Model / possible model - 2018 Ruby Black SE Touring
3. Facelift / non facelift - 2018
4. What attracted you to the car initially - Less gas consomption to go to work, AWD, confort
5. Location - Trois-rivieres, Québec, Canada.
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)- agreements and contract network for Bell Canada.
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - none, tested the Volt, miev, finally pulled to trigger on the 18 phev, only available in canada since 3 month.

1. Owner - since 2/28/18
2. Model - 2018 GT quartz brown/brown
3. Facelift - I've never had cosmetic surgery ;-)
4. What attracted you to the car initially - We needed something larger than our GTI and were struggling to find an SUV that excited us and when we discovered the Outlander PHEV at a local auto show and test drove it we knew right away it was the perfect vehicle for us!
5. Location - Eastern Washington state, USA
6. Occupation - IT Manager - I manage a team of 7 that support all the technology needs for an organization of about 500
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV - First EV of any kind!

I think it's in this thread... but someone has commented about the number of IT people with PHEVs.

Says something about us, but no idea what.

:)

At least I’m anything but IT raleted ;)

1. Owner / Few weeks
2. Model / ’14 black one with all accessories except ACC
3. non facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially.
I was looking after more practical car than my ex 330xd was. Was lookin after X3/5 and otherbig 4wds but i was also concerned about annual costs. I did think about getting to gas powered vehicle but someway i found mitsu and got excited about it. I did chevk few of them before buying one. Its imported from Holland this year.
5. Location - city & country
Hämeenlinna, Finland
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)
District heating manger in energy company, my team takes care about maintennce and operates the energy system. I’m also person in charge about pressurised equipments, few ntg networks, one biogas network and chemical usage in company.
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before
I have driven Prius few times, i have more experience with gas powered vehicles. But my own cars have been diesels for 15 years.

AndyInOz said:
I think it's in this thread... but someone has commented about the number of IT people with PHEVs.

Says something about us, but no idea what.

:)

That most of us are self-employed, directors of our own one (or two) man band companies and able to benefit to the absolute maximum from the various tax breaks that have been on offer for PHEVs?

maby said:
That most of us are self-employed, directors of our own one (or two) man band companies and able to benefit to the absolute maximum from the various tax breaks that have been on offer for PHEVs?
That's a big factor in the UK (and describes my position precisely). I'm not so certain about other countries.

Antti said:
I have more experience with gas powered vehicles. But my own cars have been diesels for 15 years.
I assume you're using 'gas' to mean LPG, rather than the US English meaning of 'petrol'?

Antti said:
I have more experience with gas powered vehicles. But my own cars have been diesels for 15 years.
I assume you're using 'gas' to mean LPG, rather than the US English meaning of 'petrol'?[/quote]

Yep, didn’t mean petrol :roll:

But not LPG either, we use can use pressurized natural gas for vehicles. Its around 200bar in vehicles reservoir. LPG is used in lift truck bbq grills and so.

At work we have three natural gas/petrol powered VW Caddys.

Interesting about so many IT people purchasing PHEVs! I know the technology of it made a big influence over my decision to buy one. I really enjoy that Mitsubishi made so many ways for the driver to be involved in the operation of the EV system. The paddle shifters, the buttons for charge/save/EV priority, etc. It's almost like having a manual transmission in a car - it makes it much more engaging and entertaining to drive! So many manufacturers of EVs and SUVs have tried to insulate the driver from so much of the operation of their vehicles they've essentially turned many potentially good cars into boring appliances.

1. Owner: two weeks
2. Model: GX3H Atlantic Grey early 2015
3. Non facelift (I think)
4. What attracted you to the car initially: I can stop poisoning kids with NOX, and help contain global warming. I would have preferred something physically smaller but the 3 year old Prius has too small an EV range. I chose not to go all EV and hire occasionally because I live in the sticks and hiring is not so easy as in the city.
5. Location - Essex, UK.
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)- Retired - means I can do what want provided it doesn't cost too much.
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - My brother-in-law had a Renault Twizy as his only vehicle for 2 years, hiring when he needed, and that proved to me the viability of EV even with a limited range.

Hello all,

About an year ago, me and my fiancee bought an used Outlander PHEV. If I remember correctly, we are its second ever owner.

I don't know what model facts are worth mentioning but it is a 2014. Production date is 2014-03. I think our version is called "business" (variation GGP21), type CW0 (or CWO). Version ATABRRA5AAAA. Colour is black, both body and interior.

Non-facelift but we do have three Hella Rallye 3003:s on the front and they make a BIG difference. We had a barrier installed between the back seat and the luggage compartment, for safety reasons. We also have a towbar, something I find pretty much mandatory.
I am planning to get more stuff in the near future such as a bonnet guard, a metal scratch protection plate for the boot. Before that however, we are going to get a divider rack and gates for the luggage compartment so that our dog can travel with us in a safer manner (currently awaiting such a product to be available on the market).
That's about it. Or maybe also some styling such as step bars and/or metal door sill protectors (hard to find such products that goes with the 2014 PHEV though) and a big, fat bull bar with a skid plate...that would be awesome.
Oh, and instead of a getting a boot tray (that would interfere with the compartment for the charge cable) I've cut out a fitting piece of a regular door mat in a discrete colour.
There is some rust on the undercarrige that I don't like seeing so I will have a Dinitrol protection treatment made (expensive, but worth it). The roads around here get salted during winter and that really eats away on the steel parts.

We wanted a larger car since we are quite tall and often get back pains from regular cars (we've tried several new and old).
After having enjoyed a really long road trip in the states 2011, driving a lovely Huyndai Santa Fe, we sort of knew that we'd have to get a SUV of some sort. After much research, looking at many aspects (especially low taxes) we came to understand that the Outlander was the car for us. Where we live, there are often traffic jams so a hybrid felt like the natural choice. Our municipality offers free charging from a lot not far from where we live, so in theory we can drive the car for free, at least when it comes to local trips to the store and so on. My fiancee can go to work and a little bit on the way back on battery only.
With summer tyres we experience a fuel consumption of about 0.5 - 0.65 litres/10kms and 0.7 - 0.85 litres/10kms with the spiked winter tyres on. Fully charged, the battery will take us about 35 kms on a good day (fuel drops down to about 0.1 litres/10kms or less). I am talking here about mixed driving.
Fun fact is that the TV-series by the same name is a favourite in our home.

We live outside Stockholm, Sweden.

One of us work in law enforcement and the other in the financial sector.

We haven't had anything similar before. I've had some limited experiences with the Tesla model S and of course the Toyota Prius.

So far, we are very happy with our "Mitsu", even though it is a bit thirsty on the longer trips (still pretty efficient given its weight and compared to similar cars of the same year). It is especially thirsty with the spiked winter tyres on, but that is kind of expected. We intend to give it the best of care and make it a long-hauler (we've already passed the 12 500 k mark and this summer we'll add at least 2000 more). I think that our next car will be a newer Outlander or perhaps an Eclipse.
I really like how the car handles, especially at higher speeds. It is also pretty comfortable, even though it is a bit noisy (again, especially with spiked winter tyres). Nontheless, we truly love this car and we do recommed it to anyone how thinks about getting a SUV.

Back