TIP, TRICKS and MODIFICATIONS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
AndyInOz said:
I'm thinking about buying some extra cameras for this reason, and also to make reversing the trailer easier. (Very narrow gate between brick pillars)

When the car has a rear camera, it is of course "on", when reversing...

Harald said:
AndyInOz said:
I'm thinking about buying some extra cameras for this reason, and also to make reversing the trailer easier. (Very narrow gate between brick pillars)

But presumably when towing all you see in reverse is the bloody trailer. :lol:

greendwarf said:
Harald said:
AndyInOz said:

But presumably when towing all you see in reverse is the bloody trailer. :lol:

It's not quite as bad as the second comment, but pretty close.

I'm thinking of cameras on the trailer's mudgards so that I can see if they're going to clear the gate posts.

However, when conditions are good (i.e. sun isn't obscuring the reversing camera) reversing the trailer via the reversing camera is quite good. (Much easier than only using the mirrors)

I'm thinking also of making a strap-on mount for the kayak's flag, so that I can use it to indicate the centre of the kayak for reversing purposes.

:)

AndyInOz, I'm sure you can turn the camera on whilst driving. Someone here will remember the button pressing sequence but I have certainly done it. It's a bit distracting though.

Bladevane said:
AndyInOz, I'm sure you can turn the camera on whilst driving. Someone here will remember the button pressing sequence but I have certainly done it. It's a bit distracting though.
Yes, it is here; http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9574#p9574

Select "Camera setting"

ClasseClas said:
Bladevane said:
Yes, it is here; http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=9574#p9574

Select "Camera setting"

Is the service menu available while driving?

Harald said:
ClasseClas said:
Bladevane said:

Select "Camera setting"

Is the service menu available while driving?
As far as I remember, yes. I had though some problems to press the buttons correctly to get this service menu on the screen.

When I was buying my phev I did check few of these and in all of them hatch on charge ports did rub against body when opened. It needs just two 6mm washers under the hinge and this is fixed.

Hello, I'm unsure this the right thread for this but here it goes: anyone tried evtech box on this forum? It allegedly tunes the accelerator so to avoid the ICE starting, converting eco mode in ev mode (for pre MY17).
Has anyone know of any mods that can be done to the way the hybrid system works?

Just been reading through this thread as a recent joiner, and there's some interesting stuff in here :) I've just put the PSideP option on the screen, which works well for me. It's also got an easy-to-read power meter with actual figures on it, which is interesting.

It's also got an easy-to-read power meter with actual figures on it, which is interesting....but a major distraction. Worse than the sat. nav.

Hello all, I have two questions:

First, how do I lock the car even though the tail gate is open?
This would be useful for me when I have the dog in the boot on a sunny day. Either I leave it a bit open with a specialized hook or I'll have installed lockable, metal gates).
Doesn't seem to be any info about this in the manual so I am very thankful for any info.

Second, why doesn't my car have LDW even though it is a 2014 Business? In the manual it says that it should have it but the intended button is just blanked... I am pretty sure that when we test drove another Outlander (that I believe also was 2nd gen) it had LDW.
It is all so very strange to me...

Roadtrip said:
First, how do I lock the car even though the tail gate is open?
This would be useful for me when I have the dog in the boot on a sunny day. Either I leave it a bit open with a specialized hook or I'll have installed lockable, metal gates)...

Just make the car believe it would be closed.
I expect that the car is realizing when the lock is closed. This can be done with a screwdriver or any other simple tool.

For avoiding overheating, a large opening would be needed.

Roadtrip said:
Second, why doesn't my car have LDW even though it is a 2014 Business? In the manual it says that it should have it but the intended button is just blanked... I am pretty sure that when we test drove another Outlander (that I believe also was 2nd gen) it had LDW.
It is all so very strange to me...

AFAIK all 2014 cars were 1st gen.

greendwarf said:
AFAIK all 2014 cars were 1st gen.

I've just found out that we both might be incorrect here: apparently 1st gen was 2001-08 (also known as "Airtrek" in some parts of the world), 2nd gen was 2006-12 and 3rd gen is from 2013 onwards. This makes my car a 3rd gen, not 1st nor 2nd. Interesting. I think I confused the latest facelift with a new gen.

Still doesn't explain why LDW is described in the manual but is not featured in the car. Same thing with adaptive cruise control.
How many versions of the 1st gen are there: Comfort, Business and...? Might I have been test driving some other version than the Business I now own?

1st, 2nd and 3rd. Several facelifts for each of them.
280px-2003-2005_Mitsubishi_Outlander_--_03-16-2012_2.JPG

mitsubishi-outlander-suv-2010-front-quarter-main.jpg

phev-zwart.jpg

Harald said:
Just make the car believe it would be closed.
I expect that the car is realizing when the lock is closed. This can be done with a screwdriver or any other simple tool.

Tried this yesterday with mine - it works.
When you install some structure for keeping the tail gate sufficiently open, you might even fix this structure in the original lock.

Back