Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 9:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MY16 PHEV in a week
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 7:44 am 

Well car has arrived and is outside in the sun charging up on free electricity.

Now the flood of questions really start!!!

The Mitsubishi PHEV App, I can see the SSID but it will not connect in the App ( I know the details are correct because outside of the App I can connect to it (I then get the phone to forget the connection as I am using Android before I try the App although I see with Apple you connect the phone first before using the App), only thing is the car is charging, will this prevent connection?

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2018 9:39 am 

I don't think the charger likes less than 1.6kW (6A UK), so will not work properly unless it is receiving more than that. Have you thought about leaving the car plugged in normally and then letting any excess solar heat the water? Ours is set to charge during peak solar production. I'm thinking about adding an Immersun...

You may have speed, but I have momentum...

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 3:21 pm 

Quote:
The Mitsubishi PHEV App, I can see the SSID but it will not connect in the App

One thing to try in Android, switch off mobile data before trying to connect in the App via WiFi - it should then connect without a problem. It took me ages to figure this out on my Moto G5. Would open the app and the progress bar would crawl across the screen before finally say "unable to communicate". Switching off mobile data and bingo, connects in a couple of seconds.

HTH
Gary

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 am 

mellwaters100 wrote:
Quote:
The Mitsubishi PHEV App, I can see the SSID but it will not connect in the App

One thing to try in Android, switch off mobile data before trying to connect in the App via WiFi - it should then connect without a problem. It took me ages to figure this out on my Moto G5. Would open the app and the progress bar would crawl across the screen before finally say "unable to communicate". Switching off mobile data and bingo, connects in a couple of seconds.

HTH
Gary

I didn't even get a progress bar, looks like the Samsung S8 is not compatible with the car, I have loaded the App successfully on an old tablet, range is pretty good from the car to the house as being in the country there are no decent phone signals or Wi-Fi to block the connection. I am hoping when the next update to the App goes through my phone may work with it.

Have done 3x 130 mile commutes with a full battery at start and I am getting 49 Mpg, very pleased with that as I am just randomly pressing buttons to see what they do at the moment without too much thought and even used Charge to gain 14 miles despite warnings it would use more fuel. Loving the relaxed drive and the driving position.