Remote app

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phev1

I often have problems connecting to my 4h my16 WiFi .when I am at home I find connecting to the vehicle erratic,and other times I am connecting with no problem
Has anybody else had this problem.

For the first time since I've had the Outlander the remote app wouldn't connect to the car this morning. I checked for the usual potential issues and discovered the problem is the car has turned off its wifi.

One of the "cannot communicate" possible causes listed is "Communication to the vehicle has been disabled due to auxiliary battery protection". This seems to be the reason. but I can't imagine why the battery thinks it needs protection. The main traction battery is fully charged.

When I look at the list of wifi ssids my phone sees the one for the car is missing. When I turn the car ACC mode on and press the lock/unlock buttons on my remote repeatedly the car turns on the wifi and beeps. I can then connect via the remote app. When I turn off the ACC mode the app disconnects.

Is this indicating my 12V battery is dying after 6 weeks?

Is this indicating the car thinks it needs to preserve the 12 V battery for some reason?

Two hours later and is it back on. Interestingly in trying to figure out if the manual had any indication how how long it might stay off I discovered this statement:

"The 12 V starter battery is automatically and
periodically charged using electrical power
stored in the main drive lithium-ion battery.
A buzzer in cabin sounds while the auxiliary
battery is being charged."

This answered a previous question I posed earlier, "Why does the car occasionally start beeping in the cabin when left with a window open".

Sure enough when I see the WIFI is on again I went out to the car and it was beeping away. I guess when it got around to recharging the 12V it also turned the WIFI back on.

I'd be happier if it just recharged the 12V silently.

Back