TIP, TRICKS and MODIFICATIONS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anko said:
Roadtrip said:
How many versions of the 1st gen are there: Comfort, Business and...?
In what country?

Sweden. The Comfort version does not come with the Rockford/Fosgate sound system, for example. I remember test driving a Comfort version and saw that it had a lot of "blanked" buttons which had functions in the Business version.

Roadtrip said:
This would be useful for me when I have the dog in the boot on a sunny day.
I strongly oppose to leaving anything alive in the car. We had just yesterday another death of a kid left in a car.
A car is like a green house, it gets hot really fast.
If you cannot bring your dog into your destination, then at least tie him to the outside of the car at the shady side.

just my $0.02

jaapv said:
Or switch on the airco using the app.

Depending on the situation:
If any of the systems included (App, car control, Aircon, ...) should fail, the situation can become very nasty or even a danger of life.

I therefore would trust this approach only for max. 20 minutes or so.

Did anyone change their turn signal sound?
I just did and like it, now I drive more with the windows open in the nice weather.
The 2nd sound is a bit louder.

Also I do enjoy the Auto Hold feature. The brake pedal pressure is a bit stronger then my previous car and I found myself creeping every so often while waiting for the traffic lights. Now I don't have to worry about that anymore.

If only Phevy was not so forgetful :cry:
On my wish list is a preference option of what to default to on power up!

Automatic central locking

All of my recent cars have applied the central locking automatically when you drive off. I have seen elsewhere that the Outlander doesn't have this feature, as it is illegal in some countries. (???!!!!!)

It is easy to forget to lock the doors, so I have put some small stickers on the inside lock controls on the driver and passenger doors - red for unlocked and green for locked. That way, I am easily reminded if I have forgotten to lock the doors.

jaapv said:
In general, the security of the factory locking system is severely limited. The only thing needed is to read out the chip in your key and it is simple enough to generate the appropriate signal. There are tricks to do so.
Enhanced security could be an additional "ignition" lock like Cobra offers, or a physical steering wheel lock like by Bear Lock.

You can buy a cheap 'wallet' to keep your key in that blocks radio waves, so a scanner can't read and clone it when the key is in the house. Don't forget a second one for the spare key!

235/65R18 tires will fit without rubbing and will give you about 0.8-0.9" (20-23mm) of additional ground clearance.

Speedometer Error
20 mph 30 mph 40 mph 50 mph 60 mph 70 mph 80 mph 90 mph

Actual

USA 2018 GT

gaustin70 said:
Speedometer Error
20 mph 30 mph 40 mph 50 mph 60 mph 70 mph 80 mph 90 mph

Actual
21.3 31.9 42.6 53.2 63.9 74.5 85.2 95.8

Got my Outlander PHEV 2 weeks ago and I've found the same issue.
Thought I was looking at the speedometer from the wrong angle :shock:

Shouldn't be like this on a brand new car 2019..

All cars do the same. EU* regulations are that a speedometer must never show less than the actual speed, and must never show more than 110% of actual speed + 10 kph. Modern speedos are much more accurate than this, but to ensure they don't break the law manufacturers set them to overread, typically by 3 kph (2 mph) at 50 kph (30 mph).

* I'm sure similar regs apply elsewhere in the world

Interestingly though, at least on mine the cruise control seems to hold the actual speed you set at. So if I put it on 100km/h, the display shows 100 and the speedo shows a bit over. I haven't actually tested it out properly though.

Anyone else noticed that or is it just me?

Is there any way to drop the windows via the key as per many fords? Miss that on my mondeo. Was nice to be able to drop them all before getting into the vehicle on hot days.

sipaldi said:
Is there any way to drop the windows via the key as per many fords? Miss that on my mondeo. Was nice to be able to drop them all before getting into the vehicle on hot days.

You can get an aftermarket module to do that.

littlescrote said:
sipaldi said:

You can get an aftermarket module to do that.

I have looked into this and found some devices made by WINSGO (youtube has an outlander with one fitted) but as far as I can make out these only work on LHD models which is a shame.

In my2014 in relation with closing windows , on driver's door there is button with 4 states , and i belive it should work like this , that latest state is for total closing/opening , and middle staes are for closing/opening when you press it ,and window stops when finger ooff from button. But this latest stages not works , i cand totaly open/close window with the latest states. There is a tric for that ?

Back