Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: A few newbie questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:49 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:36 am
Posts: 127
Location: Austria
Emptying the 12 V battery can happen pretty easily, when not being aware what to do or what better not to do.

I did that once by playing music (and having one seat on "Heating") while mounting a 230 V socket for charging the car.
After something like 2 hours (?), the battery was empty.

What was the problem or how could this be avoided?
Pressing the "Start" button without having the foot on the brake paddle toggles through the positions 1-2-off-1-2-off etc...
While being on "1", the 12 V battery is not charged and can be emptied easily.
When being on "2", the 12 V battery is charged from the driving battery or the ICE.

I guess that many readers of the forum might not be aware of this detail.
Who reads a >500 pages handbook and remembers all details?

Harald


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A few newbie questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:19 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 21, 2018 8:25 am
Posts: 14
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Thanks, that's handy to know.

_________________
2015 gx4h, white, purchased May 2018


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A few newbie questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:28 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:30 am
Posts: 2963
Location: Netherlands, Utrecht area
Harald wrote:
I guess that many readers of the forum might not be aware of this detail.
Haha. I have become aware of this ... the hard way ;-)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A few newbie questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:41 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed May 30, 2018 2:50 pm
Posts: 27
Location: New York, USA
Harald wrote:
Emptying the 12 V battery can happen pretty easily, when not being aware what to do or what better not to do.

I did that once by playing music (and having one seat on "Heating") while mounting a 230 V socket for charging the car.
After something like 2 hours (?), the battery was empty.

What was the problem or how could this be avoided?
Pressing the "Start" button without having the foot on the brake paddle toggles through the positions 1-2-off-1-2-off etc...
While being on "1", the 12 V battery is not charged and can be emptied easily.
When being on "2", the 12 V battery is charged from the driving battery or the ICE.

I guess that many readers of the forum might not be aware of this detail.
Who reads a >500 pages handbook and remembers all details?

Harald


Sorry if this is obvious - if the vehicle is OFF when charging, I assume it is charging both batteries, correct?

_________________
Woodman
Possible future owner of 2019 Outlander PHEV SEL (USA)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: A few newbie questions
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:44 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:46 am
Posts: 65
Woodman411 wrote:
Sorry if this is obvious - if the vehicle is OFF when charging, I assume it is charging both batteries, correct?


No, when off (regardless of charging?) the 12v battery is charged once a day from the drive battery


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
© Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum - part of the MyElectricCarForums.com Group