Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:17 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Identifying CanBus parameters
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:48 am 

Nice, I guess you are getting there ;-)

FYI: for example ID 287 shows the central PHEV ECU requesting torque (in Nm) from the Generator ((E*256+F-10000)/10), the Front E-motor ((A*256+B-10000)/10) and the Rear E-motor ((C*256+D-10000)/10):

19056 ID: 287 DLC: 8 0x27 0x10 0x27 0x10 0x27 0x10 0x00 0x00
23884 ID: 287 DLC: 8 0x29 0x0B 0x28 0xF5 0x27 0x10 0x03 0x00

First is while stationary (foot on the brake or in N or in P) or while coasting in B0.
Second is 4WD in EV mode.
Both not charing or recuperating.

If only I knew what G and H were ..... ;-)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:28 am 

Ok up & running. I have posted a screen shot in the folder of my emoncms database that I log the data to.
First drive returning home flat, yet 36.9% remaining on arrival. If only I could manage the generator.
I'll have access to a statutory write off soon to tinker with if any one has some ideas they'd like me to try on it as not to put fault codes on their car!
And I only just noticed that last post while typing this. G & H I'll look over my logs some more for patterns too.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:39 am 

Roy13 wrote:
First drive returning home flat, yet 36.9% remaining on arrival. If only I could manage the generator.
Please explain. You took off with '0' battery and arrived with 36.9%? That should not happen ever, unless you had selected Charge mode.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:54 am 

Sorry no took off with full charge depleted to a point where petrol kicked in & dash displayed --km range. Once backing into the garage range up too 2km then took the 36.9% reading.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:17 am 

That is weird. The ICE should have stopped at 32.5% or even sooner at lower speed. Also 36.9% should have resulted in more than 2 km range.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:24 pm 

Yes it's due to the country roads. Just came off a 110km zone then it's a 3km hill climb to my house at 80kph. Both roads force the car into parallel hybrid mode. Not the most efficient mode & every day I have a small range left it won't let me use it due to being over 70kph. I've noticed if I'm flat going into the city the ice remains off well after --km range is displayed.
My first thoughts are to cut & intercept the can lines to the generator one mcp2515 receiving filtering out the generator on signal and the other sending the data to the generator. But obviously both chips being able read and send. Leaving generator torque output at 0 initially to see what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 4:30 pm 

To note once when towing the caravan up hill i got down to around 22% & got a warning on the dash about depleting the battery and limited power. Sorry that's non specific but I wasn't logging at the time & didn't expect it so no photo's.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:00 pm 

Roy13 wrote:
Yes it's due to the country roads. Just came off a 110km zone then it's a 3km hill climb to my house at 80kph. Both roads force the car into parallel hybrid mode.
Speeds above 125-ish km/h will force your car into parallel hybrid mode. Speeds below that can be done in EV mode, in serial hybrid mode or (as long as you stay above 60-ish km/h) in parallel hybrid mode, depending on SOC and the amount of power needed for driving.
Roy13 wrote:
Not the most efficient mode
Why not?
Roy13 wrote:
... & every day I have a small range left it won't let me use it due to being over 70kph.
True. But this is only the range between 25.5% and 32.5%. If you have 36.9% SOC, you should be able to use it, even at speeds above 70 km/h.
Roy13 wrote:
I've noticed if I'm flat going into the city the ice remains off well after --km range is displayed.
Indeed. At city speeds, the low water mark for startingthe ICE is 25.5%. At higher speeds it is 30.5%. But, if I am not mistaken, only when the ICE is still cold.
Roy13 wrote:
My first thoughts are to cut & intercept the can lines to the generator one mcp2515 receiving filtering out the generator on signal and the other sending the data to the generator. But obviously both chips being able read and send. Leaving generator torque output at 0 initially to see what happens.
I think the ICE can run with Generator Torque Request being 0. IMHO, there will be one signal that controls starting of the engine and another controlling Generator Torque.

Last edited by anko on Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:53 pm 

Ok I'll pay closer attention on Wednesday when I repeat the same trip. However I think your on to something as at almost full charge I registered 102.5%.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:08 am 

Well nearly a year ago i used this bit of Arduino magic to receive the battery capacity.
if(rxId == 0x375) {
result = ((rxBuf[3] * 256 + rxBuf[4]) / 100.0) - 5;
Serial.println();
Serial.print(result);

It has been working well but i have to reset the Hologram Dash every 2 weeks roughly due to some bugs in by project. Which i'm finally trying to iron out now.
As i have a written off vehicle to play with and a WiFi box(remote control) from an Aspire to play with.
I have enabled the remote control in the ECU with a flash OBD device called a Gscan. My radio now has timer charge and climate control delay buttons in settings(once i enabled & plugged remote control in).
Pin 13 Pink/Green wire on D-31 plug that goes to the charger if held low stops the car from charging! Brilliant for my Hologram Dash with a SIM card in it, as soon ill be able to control the charger from any where!
I thought advancing on that i might tap into the canbus 5 on that same remote control module plug. Pins 8/16.....however i cannot read the canbus..... using the exact same setup that reads canbus 6 plug D-210.

I also discovered if you remove Fuse 14 & 15 you can drive in full EV mode as the petrol motor cannot start. It will run for 30sec in it's prime stage but not start or try again. If like me you were thinking of putting a switch in these fuses once there back in you have to cycle the ignition for the petrol engine to start again. Sorry i know there are many question based around this but these were my preliminary findings.