Remote cooling /Heating questions

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nindagley

Had my outlander for a month now. Thought I'd give the remote cooling a go in this nice weather . Manual doesn't explain it the best .
How long can you set it to come on for . I can only see a start time . 10 mins ? Could I set 3 timers to follow each other ? I did try this , didn't seem to work . Came on for approx 10 mins .
Do u have to have the air con switched on prior to turning car off . Does it cool at the last temp setting .
Will it affect the battery range if it's not plugged in.
Anything to know about the heating side ?
Thanks in advance.

Hi nindagley, hope you’re enjoying your Outlander.

The remote app gives you a start time for air con cooling but it also gives you a choice of operating time. You can choose 10 mins, 20 mins or 30 mins. In even the hottest weather 30 mins should be plenty to cool the car.

I believe it cools to whatever temperature is set in the car.

If you use remote air con when not plugged in it will deplete the drive battery and thus reduce range however cooling is pretty efficient and does not use a huge amount of battery energy. Heating is another matter, having a larger affect on range.

The heater is 4kw, car can only draw ~3kw from the mains when on charge so even when plugged in heating will drain the drive battery some.

Thanks guys and yes I am enjoying my outlander . Took a little to get used to it .
I'm using the cars interface to set the timings. I can't see an option to change the length of time. Is this only on the remote app ?
Thanks again.

nindagley said:
Thanks guys and yes I am enjoying my outlander . Took a little to get used to it .
I'm using the cars interface to set the timings. I can't see an option to change the length of time. Is this only on the remote app ?
Thanks again.

Yes .. only on the Apps

Over MMCS , the 10min timer is a fix parameter

If you don't have the Apps ... you may want to check if you could mod the keyfob ... there is a detailed thread on this forum about it.
I'm starting the heating or cooling of my car from my keyfob ... this has also around 30/40 meters range, possibly better then WiFi (which in my case I did disabled)

nindagley said:
Thanks again.
Correct, it is only available in the app.

I believe it cools to whatever temperature is set in the car.

On my 2014 GX4H it blasts out at full cooling, regardless of what was last set on the dash. And the same for heating, I believe it's full heat, although I haven't used that for too long to really know for sure.

Right, thought there something missing.
My s9 won't connect to the car , but my iPad will. I'll have a look later .
Thanks guys.

I have a newbie question about remote heating/cooling. I keep reading, about scheduling remote heating/cooling. Instead of scheduling it, can you use the app to manually start heating/cooling?

fmtxphev said:
I have a newbie question about remote heating/cooling. I keep reading, about scheduling remote heating/cooling. Instead of scheduling it, can you use the app to manually start heating/cooling?

Basically yes. I never schedule it. I just open the app and switch on (usually) 20 minutes of heat/cool when I know I will be leaving soon.

Back