Remote Control SSID does not match card given to me

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckrs

I am having troubles pairing my Android Phone to our 2018 SEL. I found the excellent Mitsubishi guide from this forum: https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/en/products/outlander_phev/app/remote/jizen.html

I followed the steps and got a single beep after initiating registration. However, if I go to WiFi settings on my phone, the SSID that shows up does not match the SSID on the card that my dealer gave me. Is that normal? I was expecting the visible SSID to match the card.

Thats odd, the ssid can be renamed in the app though, but you would have needed to enter one into the app to connect?

dont manually connect to the ssid let the app do it

I just got the car 2 weeks ago and it only had 6 miles on it when I got it. So I don't think anyone has paired it already. Also the other SSID was in the same format "REMOTEXXXXX" Thanks for confirming, I'll go to the dealer and have them give me my SSID and pswd.

This was resolved. Turns out the dealer had given me the wrong key for the 2nd of the 2 keys they gave with the car. That 2nd key also had the remote control key tag affixed. I didn't match my SSID because it was for the wrong car. All is fine now that we have the correct SSID/Pswd.

Sadly the dealer had no idea how to resolve the SSID mismatch. Many posts here about lost SSID cards, said the dealer can look up the values for my car. After 2 attempts, no one at the dealer could figure out how to look it up. Only after I figured out the key was wrong was I able to resolve the problem. They found the correct key with the correct SSID card. I guess it is time to look for another dealer for service appointments.

ckrs said:
They found the correct key with the correct SSID card. I guess it is time to look for another dealer for service appointments.

Don't give up on them too quick. Next time you get an invoice from them, it might turn out to be for their manager's push-bike! :lol:

Back