Mot protection?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Formbya

Hi, I’ve been offered the above by my local dealer, Browns Mitsubishi ,Preston UK, for £14.99.
The offer says that if any extra repair works needs to be carried out to pass the mot, the policy will cover me up to £750.00,on my 2015 Outlander Phev.
Has anyone else in the uk been offered this policy and if so, your thoughts please.
Thks

Never heard of anything like this. It's like all insurance, you're putting up front money against something that may, or may not occur. Only you can decide if it's worth the peace of mind in case the worst should happen. Whatever, read the small print.

Interesting but don't confuse with an extended warranty. This only covers MOT items which tend to be safety related and often consumables/ damageables (brake pads, windscreens etc).
The good news is that they must be pretty confident in the data they've had back so far to offer the policy.
I have one of the first cars in 2014 which has now had 2 MOTS and not a single item issue other than an advisory for a chipped windscreen.
I haven't had a single thing go wrong under warranty either.

Regulo said:
It's like all insurance, you're putting up front money against something that may, or may not occur.
25 years working in insurance taught me one simple rule - never insure for a loss you can afford to cover yourself.

Back