Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Steering wheel off-centered?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:04 am 

Trades46 wrote:
Well went back to the dealer again today and sat in the car with the technician and he does note the problem.

After an hour later & a day worth of driving (90km and still getting 3.5L/100km thanks to rigorous scouring for charging stations) tells me the problem is solved.

Thanks to all your comments.

Morning Guys,

I just got an Outlander PHEV 2018. at first I thought the wheels were not alligned properly was pulling the car to the left when I drove straight. I went for a alignment and my steering wheel is still off centered. I went back 2 times to the dealership to get it resolved and they cannot find the issue why the steering is off centered. then I googled my issue and stumbled on this thread. Trades46 says it was resolved. Id be glad to know what is causing this so it can get resolved. My car does not even have 1000km on it yet.

thanks for your time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 pm 

OutlanderPHEV2018 wrote:
Trades46 wrote:
Well went back to the dealer again today and sat in the car with the technician and he does note the problem.

After an hour later & a day worth of driving (90km and still getting 3.5L/100km thanks to rigorous scouring for charging stations) tells me the problem is solved.

Thanks to all your comments.

Morning Guys,

I just got an Outlander PHEV 2018. at first I thought the wheels were not alligned properly was pulling the car to the left when I drove straight. I went for a alignment and my steering wheel is still off centered. I went back 2 times to the dealership to get it resolved and they cannot find the issue why the steering is off centered. then I googled my issue and stumbled on this thread. Trades46 says it was resolved. Id be glad to know what is causing this so it can get resolved. My car does not even have 1000km on it yet.

thanks for your time.

The dealer for the first two times said the alignment was good & did the alignment again the 2nd time which solved nothing.

Get a technician to take a drive with you as the passenger - find a flat road with no center crown. Set the steering straight & drive - if it pulls to the side you have a problem. I did that the 3rd time, they aligned it and it was fixed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 am 

Thanks for the insight. However I drove with the technical advisor not the technician, but he believed once he drove it and the steering was off center. Now they have no clue how to remediate and they have placed a case with Mitsubishi. We'll see where this goes. i'll update once I have a response.