Charge cables

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christrickey1972

Hi. Just had my phev 2 weeks.
You get with the car the cable that can be used at home, 3 pin normal plug into car . I turned up at hospital in Dumfries ready to charge and there was no cable.. and the unit needed what looked like to be a double ended cable like the end that goes into car socket. What is this cable? I think I've found them.. expensive I must say, and before I buy I want to be sure I have the correct one. Please advise.
Thanks all

christrickey1972 said:
Hi. Just had my phev 2 weeks.
You get with the car the cable that can be used at home, 3 pin normal plug into car . I turned up at hospital in Dumfries ready to charge and there was no cable.. and the unit needed what looked like to be a double ended cable like the end that goes into car socket. What is this cable? I think I've found them.. expensive I must say, and before I buy I want to be sure I have the correct one. Please advise.
Thanks all

For the Outlander you need a Type 1 to Type 2 style connector. I managed to pick one up on Ebay for 85quid this week. I reckon 2nd hand will come more prevalent very soon as people start to sell their accessories...

Think carefully about how often you intend to use it before shelling out a not insignificant amount of cash to buy one, as you need to do an awful lot of charging to justify the initial outlay. If you’re only planning to use it occasionally, rather than every day, then I don’t think I’d bother.

I’ve had mine nearly 3 years (it goes back in February) and I charge every night at home, but in the 3 years I’ve only charged once at a different site. That was at Ikea, at which time the charging was free, and even that was a bit scary as it didn’t seem to work properly and I was afraid I was going to get the dreaded ‘EV System Service Required’ message and have to wait for a recovery truck !

Thanks folks.. I think the response... Is it really worth it is rather valid..and my illogical brain hadn't looked at it that way..

I think I'll leave it for now.. bit.. the 2 I've found are:-

https://evonestop.co.uk/products/ev-electric-vehicle-charging-cable-type-1-to-type-2-16-32-amp-5-10-metre?variant=9679107096623

And

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EV-Electric-Car-Charging-Cable-Type-1-to-Type-2-5-Metres-Outlander-PHEV/323538874579?hash=item4b546b70d3:g:KPEAAOSw0Btb41B7

Don't forget that you can get a charger fitted at home using the £500 OLEV grant, and use that cable for charging. It's worth thinking about getting one in case the government reduces or removes the grant in the future

Back