Hard Wiring Dashcam

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bounderboy

My leasing company gave me a free dash cam but I hate the wiring and also use the cigarette lighter being taken up... I have a 2019 4H..

Was wondering if I could use this kit to

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12V15amp-FEMALE-CIG-LIGHTER-SOCKET-PIGGYBACK-MINI-BLADE-FUSE-HARD-WIRE-GIFT/202223271851?epid=927202983&hash=item2f15723fab:g:rNYAAOSwZydbauCl:rk:1:pf:0

to put an extra port in the Glovebox.. I want a setup that doesn't require removing glovebox or trim as it is a lease car. Would this work.. Also would I need to wire a ground separately somehow?

Anyone have any easy to follow advice...

I'm in the same boat as you, and have just fitted mine. Seriously, consider wiring it into the fusebox via piggyback - the trim is dead easy to pop out and back again. There's a great post on here somewhere with a link to pictures.

Bounderboy, its not that hard to take the glovebox out and piggy back the dash cam into an accessory fuse. The earth can be put onto a bolt near the fuse box. Its very easy to run the wire to the dash cam by just pushing it into the headlining via the door trim and around the windscreen. I used a kit similar to the one you have shown on ebay and just plugged it into the kit under the glovebox just above the trim below the glovebox. Mine has been running faultlessly for the last 9-10 months. As already said there are some articles with pictures already on the forum if you search for them. By the way, I thought that you wrote some very good interesting articles on test driving the MY19 car back in August. Mine is a MY17 but I suspect the trim is the same or very similar. It should be really easy to take the kit and wiring out again when you need to return the car

Cobb said:
Bounderboy, its not that hard to take the glovebox out and piggy back the dash cam into an accessory fuse. The earth can be put onto a bolt near the fuse box. Its very easy to run the wire to the dash cam by just pushing it into the headlining via the door trim and around the windscreen. I used a kit similar to the one you have shown on ebay and just plugged it into the kit under the glovebox just above the trim below the glovebox. Mine has been running faultlessly for the last 9-10 months. As already said there are some articles with pictures already on the forum if you search for them. By the way, I thought that you wrote some very good interesting articles on test driving the MY19 car back in August. Mine is a MY17 but I suspect the trim is the same or very similar. It should be really easy to take the kit and wiring out again when you need to return the car

I agree, its easy to pop out your glovebox and easy to ease wire behind the headlining. I wanted parking protection so used piggy-back connectors to connect to a switched Live and to a Permanent Live. Worked perfectly and easy to remove two years later at end of lease :)

Back