headlight issues

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neills

Hi All
i'm new on here and based in UK, i have a 2016 PHEV, and since our UK weather has got darker, i have noticed that a lot of cars are flashing me in the opposite direction when my headlights are on, it appears that my full beam may be stuck on, has anyone else had this experience?

many thanks in advance

Neill

Search the forum; there are plenty of these threads, normally from the UK. It appears that UK drivers are very sensitive to modern bright headlights... :?

I get the opposite - drivers flashing me and even stopping to tell me I haven't got my headlights on when driving around in Lundun with just the dim dip lights on. Apparently they can't spot a larger white car under our near-daylight street lighting! :cool:

So I started adding the fog lamps so as not to cause glare to oncoming drivers (see OP above) but no - still get the flashing! :roll:

However, going back to the OP's question - I have left on the "blanking discs" used when driving abroad since I first had the car. I don't seem to get the flashing out of town described here, so perhaps these help. NB. Also passed 2 MOTs with them on. :idea:

Back