Trip meter set up

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the electric consumption will vary significantly through the year, being the worst in winter. My car’s display suggests about 2miles/kWh at the moment (it varies). I agree that stated mpg figures ignore the electric contribution, making them completely meaningless.
If I assume 2miles/kWh from the electricity consumed, my MY19 car has averaged about 31mpg so far. A far cry from the misleading figures which are advertised for this model.

Misleading - yes, but not by nefarious marketing intentions. These figures are standardized and legally binding. The idea behind this is to make cars comparable across brands. It does not work out very informative for plug-in hybrids, though.

I agree, but producing a 'combined' mpg requires you to know the cost of fuel as well as electricity. I do this using a simple spreadsheet, but despite the constantly-changing prices (of both), a very reasonable rule of thumb is that running on petrol costs is around 3x more expensive than electricity (in the UK - the factor is highly dependent on taxation, and then, of course, some people get their leccy for 'free').
Hi guys
I've read the manual a few times and related posts on here, Now maybe I'm stupid or something but its just not sinking in. On my previous car I had two sets of trip meter data lets call them setting 1 and setting 2. Both Giving total miles traveled, average speed, distance traveled, and mpg since either was last reset manually.

Setting 1) I left totally untouched to give me all that information for the life of the car since I had owned it as I never reset this From the day i owned it

Setting 2 ) I would reset every time i filled up the tank so I would have all that usage information for the current tank fill up.

Is there any way to achieve the same thing with the My16 outlander as I can see it has 2 settings but both seem to reset and go back to zero every time i switch off the car.
Any help or advice on the above would be much appreciated please as I'm sure its down to me just not understanding how to use this outlander system correctly. :roll:
Hope this all makes sense to you
Thanks in advance
Hi guys
I've read the manual a few times and related posts on here, Now maybe I'm stupid or something but its just not sinking in. On my previous car I had two sets of trip meter data lets call them setting 1 and setting 2. Both Giving total miles traveled, average speed, distance traveled, and mpg since either was last reset manually.

Setting 1) I left totally untouched to give me all that information for the life of the car since I had owned it as I never reset this From the day i owned it

Setting 2 ) I would reset every time i filled up the tank so I would have all that usage information for the current tank fill up.

Is there any way to achieve the same thing with the My16 outlander as I can see it has 2 settings but both seem to reset and go back to zero every time i switch off the car.
Any help or advice on the above would be much appreciated please as I'm sure its down to me just not understanding how to use this outlander system correctly. :roll:
Thanks in advance
Hi guys

Thanks in advance

Back