Outlander PHEV beep relief

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really true. If I need to move out to avoid a pothole and there are no cars around, I don't need to indicate. If I take a smoother line through a corner when I can see it's clear, I don't have to indicate. And then there are the times when it "finds" a line on the road in your lane and sounds to warn you even when you're in lane. It's very dumb technology

ThudnBlundr said:
Not really true. If I need to move out to avoid a pothole and there are no cars around, I don't need to indicate. If I take a smoother line through a corner when I can see it's clear, I don't have to indicate. And then there are the times when it "finds" a line on the road in your lane and sounds to warn you even when you're in lane. It's very dumb technology

Yes, and then there are the lines that have been painted over with black/grey paint but still indicate. Or lines that are poorly painted or extend far too long for the needs of merging. Painful.

I read that first turning the LDW off with a single press, and then pressing it again for 10 seconds will set it so that it's off by default. But supposedly doesn't work for all regions/cars.

I read that in the manual, but I've never actually tried it.

Despite its failings, I do tend to keep it on for motorway travel where it's much more likely to be a failure on my part. But I do turn it off on local journeys where it goes off in error too often for my liking

ThudnBlundr said:
Unless there are indeed no (police ;) ) cars around, you could get away with it. Could earn you a fine over here.. Leaving your lane - indicate. If you cross a white line in a smooth corner and are nabbed - you pay. That is what I call sloppy driving :p
Actually, I rarely if ever have painted-over lines indicate. Something to do with road maintenance?

I own a Outlander PHEV 2018. So how could I turn off the beep sound that occurs as soon as I press the start button on my PHEV? Too loud!! Please let me know if any of you figured out a solution.

jaapv said:
ThudnBlundr said:
Unless there are indeed no (police ;) ) cars around, you could get away with it. Could earn you a fine over here.. Leaving your lane - indicate. If you cross a white line in a smooth corner and are nabbed - you pay. That is what I call sloppy driving :p
Actually, I rarely if ever have painted-over lines indicate. Something to do with road maintenance?
I have it "recognise" wrong lines in the road surface virtually every day - not just painted-over lines, but tarmac filling joins and even a scratch caused by farm machinery.

Are you saying it's illegal to cross any line without indicating? That seems a bit silly :roll: And there's no point in indicating if there's no one who needs to see it, according to my advanced driving instructor

Simpleusername: - Put your seatbelt on before pressing the START button.

jaapv: - I believe we have discussed this before, but here in the UK, both recognised advanced driving organisations and the Police Advanced Driver handbook teach that indicating needs to be of benefit to others as it shows your intentions. It is up to you to then make sure that your actions are safe and legal. Indicating for the sake of it is pointless, we need to reach a higher level of awareness and not do something on 'autopilot'

When it can be seen to be clear, and the road markings do not prohibit the action, straightening a series of bends into one smooth straight line is completely legal here.

When I took my Advanced Test (1994) my examiner was an ex instructor from the Police Driver Training School at Hendon who, when he retired, had become a racing instructor for Caterham!!! No pressure then! In my debrief he asked why on one particular overtake I had only passed 7 cars and not all 9. When I explained that the car was only a week old and as a non turbo Vauxhall Astra diesel there was a strict running in regime that I was expected to stick to as it was a company car he accepted my actions because I was thinking about the car and what it was capable off and agreed that I hadn't told him because that was in a part of the test where I wasn't expected to give a running commentary.

It used to be that the UK was the country that was most pleasant to drive in by the competence and courtesy of other road users. Nowadays I'm not so sure. Crossing a white central line is illegal in most countries. I'd hate to meet somebody who read that pamphlet in a series of bends.

jaapv, I did make it clear that one can only do this where the road can be seen to be clear and the markings do not prohibit the action.

If there is a solid white line in the middle of the road, you are quite right, it should be treated as an unbreachable wall and you must stay firmly on your side. However, if the line is broken you can cross it, if it is safe to do so, in the full knowledge that you are not doing anything wrong.

The instructions how to get rid of most of annoying sounds in Outlander PHEV could be found in "Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV UK" and "Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV" Facebook groups in Files section. It is a PDF file so I cannot upload it here.

Direct URLs to the posts with attached instruction file in each group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/342911965900842/permalink/1391575554367806
https://www.facebook.com/groups/outlanderphev/permalink/3025818824314537

The content of the document is shown in the picture

Attachments

• Content.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 28
Back