So why do we have Hybrid Electric Vehicles.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've missed the obvious answer - the battery pack is a Tax Reduction Device. :twisted:

STS134 said:
Trex said:
This is a very dumb design IMO. The problem is, the system thinks the batteries are capable of supplying up to about 60 kW of power, and they are. It just isn't very good for their lifespan to do this so often, and instead of using the ICE whenever possible, it decides to kill the batteries. Now if my battery SoH goes below about 26 Ah before 10 years or 100000 miles are up, I won't mind so much. But after I get my free replacement, I want this thing reprogrammed.

Based on other posts on this forum, Mitsubishi USA does not replace batteries on any level of degradation. Only if it fails within your warranty period.

Demon2030 said:
Based on other posts on this forum, Mitsubishi USA does not replace batteries on any level of degradation. Only if it fails within your warranty period.

If the level of degradation exceeds the amount it's supposed to, then the battery has failed. I suspect that no battery has degraded this much however, given that Mitsubishi just started selling these things about a year ago in the US. If a large number of batteries experience high levels of degradation, which I think is almost a certainty given the default behavior of the car and how it uses its battery, it's going to lead to a large class action lawsuit.

Back