Radiator Stone Guard

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FreebirdUK

Has anyone fitted a mesh radiator stone guard or have thoughts on its necessity?
My previous Hybrid needed a mesh rad guard fitted, as several owners suffered radiator damage as stones could go through the grill. This ended with extremely expensive repairs.
I have read that the Outlander can suffer the same problem.
A guy in the USA supplies a guard for the job, I have bought stuff of him before and he is very good.
https://voltshelf.weebly.com/new--mitsubishi-outlanderscreen-and-charge-port-koozie.html
Just wondering how necessary this might be or if anyone has fitted one
Thanks
Phil

ThudnBlundr said:
I've seen people report issues with holed radiators in general, but I've not heard any on this forum. Maybe we're lucky and the PHEV's radiator is positioned in a "good" place
Thanks ThudnBlundr, I must admit I havent had a good look at radiator location yet so maybe it isnt necessary
Phil

I used some plastic rain gutter mesh on mine, held by tie wraps
You can hardly see it
Trying to protect the ac condenser from stones
Dave
2018 outlander phev

dothetime said:
I used some plastic rain gutter mesh on mine, held by tie wraps
You can hardly see it
Trying to protect the ac condenser from stones
Dave
2018 outlander phev
Thanks Dave, I did the same to my Ampera but it was a real fiddly job which was dificult as Im not so young as I used to be.
Ive only had my Outlander a month and been so busy I havent had time to enjoy it, just drive it.
I love the car.
I will get the guard sorted
Phil

Back