EV system service required,Stop safely,RBS service required

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot to follow up here - when I called the dealership, I barely started to describe the issue when my service guy popped in with 'RBS error?' so they are aware of it now. He called it a 'ghost error'. From my invoice, they did two updates:

"TSB-18-54-005 - requires SUB BMU ECU update"
"C1809 asc-ecu update"

No problems since - hopefully it it's sorted out.

J

Synchro said:
To Johnache,

I thinks also it's like a sequence alinea of CAN network and communication between CPU controller.

Today I went to dealer for winter tire and they advise me about an upgrade software C1809R ASC - ECU FUNCTION SOFTWARE UPDATE. They take half an hour to do this update. I don't known which trouble this update corrected.

Now I got 11,000 km and I will check if something wrong appends again. I will update this thread again.

This problem came up for the third time, but this time wouldn't go - resulting in the car being useless as it wouldn't start. Was able to get it towed to a Mitsubishi service centre who later diagnose it with a bad module in the hybrid battery. Now I've been told it wont be covered by warranty and invoice provided is for £3600. Is it worth looking elsewhere and getting the battery reconditioned by someone other than Mitsubishi?

I guess not unfortunately. Ive included the invoice that they've provided. They've included a quick charge cable replacement because apparently they tend to seize when carrying out repairs on the battery and must be replaced. But even if I insisted not to carry out with the quick charge cable replacement, the module repair itself is gonna come to £2500.

Attachments

• invoicePHEV.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 53
Wow, so to work on the main battery a nearly £700 part must be replaced each time? Doesn’t smack of superb design.

avsaf said:
Was able to get it towed to a Mitsubishi service centre

I hope you mean transported rather than actually "towed" - as this may have caused more damage, especially if not done in accordance with the instructions in the manual. :eek:

Yeah of course! Don't want to add transmission faults to my problems! Called in a tow truck that carried it

OP here,

Update: for those who reads french and want a glimpse of what's going on new, here it is :

https://ufile.io/hbp5d

Back