Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi

1. Owner / Sept 2018
2. Model - Pearl White 2015 GX4H with 38K on clock
3. non facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially - The fact my normal commute is only a few miles and i can pretty much drive on pure EV most days managed 500+ miles on one tank in the first 5 weeks of ownership!!! So with the £0 road tax and low fuel cost its already looking a good purchase (still getting used to the CVT)
5. Location - city & country - Berkshire / Slough
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language) - Facilities Lead Engineer (Maintenance in Data Center)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - Parents bought a 2016 facelift GX4H PHEV last year and that got me hooked

1. Owner / October 2014
2. Model - MY19 Atlantic Grey GX4H with 3K on clock
3. facelift+
4. What attracted you to the car initially - we have an air quality problem where I live and I wanted to do something positive to help. Also used to big cars (Volvo/Saab) and like the space
5. Location - town & country (Essex/Cambs)
6. Occupation - retired IT Director & Consultant
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - bought a MY14 4h new when I retired. Just upgraded to MY19 ex-demonstrator as I was waiting for technology improvements rather than just another facelift

1- Owner- soon ( 12 November 2018 )
2 - Model - gx4h
3- Non- facelift
4 - What attracted me first - saving the planet and economy
5 - Location - Nottingham England
6 - Occupation - Full-time carer for wife
7 - Experience - My first EV vehicle

Collecting my first ev on 12th November.
I have done some research, BUT, I will be asking plenty of questions, sorry in advance, and some might seem obvious.

1-owner soon ( 15/11/18)
2- model gx4h 27000 miles . Run in ?
3- non facelift
4- what attracted me - economy and need a bigger car ! Grandchildren only get bigger and more of them
5 -location - Darlington Co-Durham ( gods acre )
6 -occupation - Was HGV driver now retired
Experience - no experience and the only automatic was a Ford Granada back in my youth
Looking forward to learning from all you old hands ! You can have all the brains in the world but nothing beats learning off a person with hands on experience

1. Owner - I'm waiting for my car to be delivered in December, 05th, 2018
2. Model - Outlander PHEV MY19 Instyle+ S Edition 2.4-litre 16-valve DOHC MIVEC, MY 2019 - Silky White Pearl
3. Non facelift
4. What attracted you to the car initially: comfort + driving safety + a touch of refinement and exclusivity (I mean exotic car in a country where 1.9 Diesel is the King of the roads :cry: ).
5. Location - BUCHAREST, ROMANIA
6. Occupation - Chief Marketing Officer (Telecommunication Industry)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before - none of these... It is my first PHEV adventure :roll:

Hi everyone, new member here. As requested:

1. New (to me) car to arrive on Wednesday 28th Nov 2018
2. 2015 65 reg PHEV Gx4hs
3. Facelift
4. A hybrid SUV, so most of my mileage will be electric
5. Birmingham UK
6. Teacher
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before? None at all

anko said:
BobEngineer said:
Strange? the Mitsubishi site states 3 weeks wait on your spec! usually pretty quick as there are no options and limited colours so they just make a load of each.
Maybe he / his company didn't want it any sooner?

Sorry only just noticed these replies, yes as a company car my old lease isn’t up until April so I have to wait. It’s nothing to do with the lead times though I’m glad I ordered early as I would have missed the grant.

...and finally it arrived to Bucharest! :D

xZXgJuY.jpg

G50vZDa.jpg

EH4eQKV.jpg

lp3tWcH.jpg

Hi everyone, new member:

1. Ex-Demo car arrived on Tuesday 27th Nov 2018
2. 2018 18 reg PHEV 4h (2019 MY)
3. Facelift
4. Attraction: 7 mile round trip commute most days, so most of my mileage will be electric.
5. Location: Leeds, UK
6. Occupation: Business Adviser
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before? None at all

1. Owner (bought last week)
2. Model 2014 4xh
3. Facelift / non facelift dunno ?
4. What attracted you to the car initially ........needed a 4wd with better econ than my diesel xc60 34 mog
5. Location - city & country ..........From Leeds UK temp living in Bury soon to be Dumfries
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language) call centre worker
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before........ I also own a 2016 Zoe which I love

Hi,
My name is Dave and I have an electric problem.
I have realized after many years of electric bikes and an electric tractor and the desire to buy a car, that I needed to fix this problem.
Today I bought a 2018 Outlander PHEV with 29 Miles on it and grinned all the way home. If the dealer had been bright enough to charge it fully I would have been able to run on electric all the way home, unfortunately not so. The car made it 22 miles before the charge cycle kicked in.
Not Sure what a facelift is but I am not vain enough and too frugal to get one.
I needed a new family 4x4 and this was the best deal with the best gas mileage I could get even if I do not use the ev mode, with it it just becomes that much better.
I live in the Minneapolis Area of Minnesota, USA (I know, I am not responsible for Trump, but we should be able to get rid of him soon - Go Mueller!) but spend a lot of time up on Lake Superior, near Two Harbors, MN.
I am somewhat retired, actually I have retired twice. I was a Paramedic for 35 years, and then ran a Remote Telemetry call center for 11 years. Currently I work 1/2 time because it is good to stay busy, and now that I bought a brand new PHEV I can quit doing so much vehicle maintenance.

That's me Uffdave (uffda with a "ve)

After lurking on here for a few weeks whilst reading hundreds of posts to decide if it's the right vehicle to replace my 2004 Subaru Outback I have finally bought an Outlander PHEV :) On Monday I will be taking ownership of a blue 2015 GX4H with 56,000 miles on the clock. That means it's still got 6000 miles/2 years left of its warranty.

I'm a little sad to say goodbye to my 3.0 litre flat six Outback, but I changed jobs a couple of years ago and now only commute 6 miles a day rather than 60. I had the Outback converted to LPG 60,000 miles ago but it now barely gets warm enough to switch over from petrol to LPG before I'm parking at the railway station, so I'm not getting the benefit - and because it's cold and stop/start traffic it's only averaging 14mpg (on 60mph+ runs it can attain 35mpg).

My budget was originally £13,000 but after searching Autotrader and other places I realised I wasn't going to get a 4WD high groundclearance (I live in rural North Yorkshire, UK, down a rough access road) hybrid for that. So we increased the budget to £16,000 and that just brings GX4Hs into range, though there aren't that many here in Yorkshire at that price compared to the southeast! I ruled out GX3Hs because the electric heater sounds just too useful not to have, and also despite some people's dislike of the MMCS it's a lot better than the radio in the 3H. I ruled out other contenders (Volvo V60, BMW 225xe, various 2WD VW/Audi/Mercedes etc) as just not being as practical or being more compromised by having an EV system crammed on. And because I do longer journeys every few weeks I'm not interested in pure EVs.

Today I took one for a test drive and put down a deposit. Bearing in mind I've got years of driving 280bhp+ Subarus, I was instantly impressed by how easy the Outlander was to drive and the instant torque meant the power difference didn't have anywhere near as much of an impact on the acceleration as I expected.

I do already own a Mitsubishi SUV, but it's very, very different to the Outlander. It's a 1991 Pajero LWB 2.5 diesel - not quick, not massively powerful, but with proper 4WD system (centre and rear diff locks) and all-terrain tyres, it's taken us through deep snow, thick mud, rivers, and over rocks that you'd struggle to walk on. And if the Outlander's anything like as reliable as the 28 year old Pajero, I'll be very happy...

I'm not someone who intends to drive in pure EV mode all the time and strives to get the most range possible. I'm totally happy to use petrol when I need to. However I am looking forward to massively reduced running costs and all the luxuries of a car that's 10 years newer than my current one.

Hi,

Surprised to see how UK dominant the forum is, so I thought it important to get a few more PHEV's abroad!

1. Sept '14 for my first one - just waiting delivery next month on a new one (can't wait!)
2. I think the old one is a Navigator, and the new one a Diamond S-Edition (top end model, both)
3. No idea what a facelift is (for a car anyway)
4. Environment, and novelty
5. Switzerland
6. Teacher
7. None before

Cheers

Tony

Hello All

Just bought my 4H PHEV few days ago.

2015 with 22200 miles.

Would like to ask all those question about the various buttons (Charge, Save , Eco mode, Regen B1-B6) and when is the best time use each but I would think that has been asked a thosuand times. So some links to good explaination threads would be good. Also would like info on whether that battery range/ battery and petrol range scale are correct. Charged battery fully a few times and max I have seen is 22miles range.

thanks
Topcat

Sounds about right - mine is 2014 model and has done 33,000 miles and that is what I am getting here in London. You'll get a few more miles once the weather warms up :cool:

You can download the owner's manual from Mitsubishi's website if you don't have one. It's not the best English or best laid out, but it does contain a vast amount of information without which you might be missing out on some functionality that you'd find useful.

There are some sticky threads in the forums on here with some frequently asked questions which can add a little to what the manual says based on what people have found from experience.

But yes, the range figure sounds about right - it's based on the historical economy figures, so will vary depending on things like the type of roads you drive on, your driving style, whether you use the heater and the air temperature etc.

Hello. First post, so thought I had better introduce myself.

1. John.
2. Granite 4H with optional parking sensors, front & rear and protection pack
3. Facelift (I think :) )
4. Mrs. Barrovian and I have been fortunate to retire a little earlier than expected. We wanted something to replace our matching Renault Kadjars that had enough room to transport our three dogs comfortably. Our mileage is fairly low, and most trips are of the 5-10 mile per day variety so an EV seemed to be ideal and size wise, the Outlander seems to fit the bill.
5. Cambridgeshire, England.
6. Retired.
7. This is our first.

Took delivery last Tuesday. 300 miles so far. The frustrating thing is that the supplied home charging lead doesn't reach my nearest socket :roll: and as the manual says I can't use an extention cable, so having to wait until I get a charge point installed. Mpg on petrol seems similar to my Kadjars, so I can live with that until the charging point is in. Overall, very happy thus far.

Barrovian said:
The frustrating thing is that the supplied home charging lead doesn't reach my nearest socket :roll: and as the manual says I can't use an extention cable, so having to wait until I get a charge point installed. Mpg on petrol seems similar to my Kadjars, so I can live with that until the charging point is in. Overall, very happy thus far.

Many of us have used heavy duty weather proof extension cables without problems. Always a useful item anyway. :idea:

greendwarf said:
Barrovian said:
The frustrating thing is that the supplied home charging lead doesn't reach my nearest socket :roll: and as the manual says I can't use an extention cable, so having to wait until I get a charge point installed. Mpg on petrol seems similar to my Kadjars, so I can live with that until the charging point is in. Overall, very happy thus far.

Many of us have used heavy duty weather proof extension cables without problems. Always a useful item anyway. :idea:

Thank you, greendwarf. If I could use an extension lead, I've got a double socket I could use from the garage. We use it for the tumble drier without any problems. Assuming I don't use the tumble drier at the same same as charging the PHEV can you (or anyone) see a problem with this idea? I've seen some charging extension sockets with an inline RCD here:https://www.toughleads.co.uk/collections/ev-electric-vehicle-extension-leads/products/13a-weatherproof-extension-lead-2-25m-rcd-options?variant=12469749743704 Would this be suitable?

Back