Phone and Navigation

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myvega

2018 PHEV, Another question, is it just me or does the right side speaker only work with the phone and the left side only for navigation. I have read everything in the owners manual and I'm lost. " HELP "

My car doesn’t have navigation, so I can’t answer for that, but on all models, from all world markets (according to 3 years reading this forum) the phone only plays through the speaker on the opposite side to the driver. It is designed that way.

My previous 2 Vauxhall’s, a Ford and Citroen all worked that way on Bluetooth and all cars that I’ve driven since the early 90’s with proper car phone kits have been this way. I believe it’s to do with stopping/controlling feedback through the microphone and has never been an issue.

myvega said:
2018 PHEV, Another question, is it just me or does the right side speaker only work with the phone and the left side only for navigation. I have read everything in the owners manual and I'm lost. " HELP "
I don't think it's mentioned in the manual, but I have found that different sources play mono on different sides.

twosout said:
myvega said:
I don't think it's mentioned in the manual, but I have found that different sources play mono on different sides.

I had thought that the navigation stuff came out of both speakers, because she sounds like she's in the centre of the car.

I also have a traffic app on my phone which gets updates from traffic lights and communicates those updates in the car via blue tooth, which also has the voice centred...

While driving a couple of work mates home, the radio suddenly went quiet, and the "car" said, in a lovely female English accent: "Traffic. Alert. Collision on South Road, traveling, South. Expected delay, 20, minutes."

I like living in the future...

I must disagree about the loveliness of the voice - I always expect to be rapped over the knuckles with a ruler by the navigation. And the pronunciation of non-English towns has me in stitches most of the time.
I think I'll give her a polished apple.

I live in the US and have found that the phone only comes through the right speaker as well. i do not used the voice option in the Google and Apple maps so not sure about that. i do know that the quality of the phone connection is terrible when the phone is plugged into the car.

myvega said:

It seems to be "by design" .
http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4191

Back