First Poll for MMC Japan

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What software update would we like to see?

• MPG above 99

Votes: 12 25.5%
  • Allow to connect to selected WIFI

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • User controlled BMU recalibration

Votes: 21 44.7%
  • Better control of charging

Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Adaptive control algorithms learn driver behavior

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Evo to EV repurpose (older PHEV)

Votes: 20 42.6%
  • Selectable default B-level

Votes: 19 40.4%

• Total voters
What happened to 'Sticky Buttons'?
I'd like it to remember the Speed Limiter settings and 'B-level' after I've switched off.

EDIT:
OK, I've since seen that 'Sticky Buttons' are in a "Second Poll"

Instead of "Allow to connect to selected WIFI" it would be much better to have a online version, so the car is available regardless from any wifi

Would "better control of electric heater" come under the "charging" category? I'd like to see the electric pre-heater work without being hindered by the charging timer.

AintBigAintClever said:
Would "better control of electric heater" come under the "charging" category? I'd like to see the electric pre-heater work without being hindered by the charging timer.

Would be nice to have this inside the Eco to EV re-purpose

In ECO mode, it should be always prevent to start ICE, both for cabin heating, and as well for a little extra push on the accelerator pedal (only a kick down should trigger a ICE start in ECO mode).

If they will provide this not only in the new PHEV (which somehow with the EV button are covering most of the original "problems"), but as well to the old PHEV by updating the ECO button function ... it would be a super customer care/focus from Mitsubishi

Three things I'd like to see:-
On the MMCS, the ability to set dual tariff pricing on the EV charging cost calculator. Most of my charging is done on the Economy 7 night tariff, but if I'm doing multiple trips that day (today for example) I'll plug back in when at home and cancel the timer, putting in a charge at the day rate.

On the MMCS, the ability to change colour schemes. A blue regenerative braking bar is hard to see against a blue background when in split-screen trip-and-nav mode.

On the centre console's display screen, adding a rev counter (and perhaps engine power gauge) as a dial. If they can add something as weird as the S-AWC display and call it a feature then surely they can give us a rev counter to make up for it?
I'll probably soon be mounting a smartphone in the corner of the windscreen showing engine RPM, load and temperature dials on Torque Lite, but it'd be nice to have it built-in.

AintBigAintClever said:
On the MMCS, the ability to set dual tariff pricing on the EV charging cost calculator. Most of my charging is done on the Economy 7 night tariff, but if I'm doing multiple trips that day (today for example) I'll plug back in when at home and cancel the timer, putting in a charge at the day rate.

Maybe better to have the option to show just kWh consumed.
Else you need to put in the cost of each top-up. What do you do if you recharge at a remote charge point (all charge differently)?

I think there should be something for you to enter the price of petrol put in, too. Then you could monitor the overall cost of each mile completed. Petrol or electric consumption should not be calculated in isolation.

twosout said:
AintBigAintClever said:

Maybe better to have the option to show just kWh consumed.
Else you need to put in the cost of each top-up. What do you do if you recharge at a remote charge point (all charge differently)?
I was about to edit my post as I thought of that just now whilst driving back from my girlfriend's place. Three tariffs (home location day, home location night, away-from-home) would be better than two. I don't know how the various charging stations work as I've only had the car 4 weeks.

How about "deadlocking disables smart key" as a system option? That would prevent theft by relay attack as if the car is deadlocked (double-press of the lock button on the fob) it would not unlock or allow the start button to operate unless the car is unlocked with the unlock button on the fob. Saves putting your keys in a Faraday pouch or a tin.

I would have some separate requests:

1. there is a "bug" in ETCAS for PHEV: If you code Auto door lock/unlock to Autolock and Crush unlock, this is not realy working. Only if the ICE is running, the doors will be locked.
2. add on in ETACS: Multimode is not working. Would be nice to open/close windows by remote

Back