Mobile phone passcode

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Topcat

I have tried to pair my mobile phone to my Outlander and the security system is asking for a 4 digit passcode. I have gone backed to the dealer who sold me the car to see if they can retrieve from previous owner. But if there is a simple way to reset the passcode would be intrested to know. Many thanks Topcat

There is a procedure in the manual to disable the password, but it does kind of rely on you knowing what the existing password is:

Press the SPEECH button
Say 'Setup'
Say 'Password'
The voice guide will say 'Password is enabled. Would you like to disable it?'
Answer 'Yes'
Answer 'No' to cancel the disabling of the password and return to the main menu.
When the disabling of the password is completed, the voice guide will say 'Password is disabled' and the system will return to the main menu.

I had the same issue in my car, previous owner had setup a passcode which I didn't know.

I found a solution from this forum:

http://www.myoutlanderphev.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=464

"Press and hold settings and map buttons together until you get the service menu up, in there is a 'phone module' test page. I have not tried it myself but there is an 'unlock' button that I think does it."

That worked nicely, no more passcode..

I have just been through the pairing process so hope this is relevant and helpful. I tried a dozen times to get the phone paired, putting in a random four digit code when prompted. Each time pairing failed. It was only when I tried the default Bluetooth setting from my phone (typically 0000 or 1111) that it paired successfully. Maybe worth a go?

Back