Who are you?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[/quote] Thank you, greendwarf. If I could use an extension lead, I've got a double socket I could use from the garage. We use it for the tumble drier without any problems. Assuming I don't use the tumble drier at the same same as charging the PHEV can you (or anyone) see a problem with this idea? I've seen some charging extension sockets with an inline RCD here:https://www.toughleads.co.uk/collections/ev-electric-vehicle-extension-leads/products/13a-weatherproof-extension-lead-2-25m-rcd-options?variant=12469749743704 Would this be suitable?[/quote]

I'm no expert, but a lot of people seem to use extension leads without any problem. Make sure it's a decent one (the link you used looks fine to me), always unwind it fully, and check the plug(s) from time to time to check they're not getting too hot.

The two main pitfalls with extension leads are using one that's not rated for enough amps (though I can't recall ever seeing one that couldn't handle the full 13A); and using a tightly coiled cable that introduces inductance and therefore heats up (personally, I've used normal coiled extension leads, the type you pull the lead out as far as you need and then wind it back up when you've finished, without any problem - I think you'd need to coil it tightly around an iron core to be in any real danger, but better safe than sorry!)

Hi!

I'm Teemu from Finland!

I have been lurking in this forum for over a year, but now I finally bought a PHEV. :)

It's first registered 8/2014, but I think it's actually MY2015.. did they start so early? It says MY2015 on some papers and keyfobs are 2015 model.. Is they any other easy way to differentiate from MY2014?
Driven only 69000km, imported from Sweden. Instyle+ so it has adaptive cruise and other goodies. :)

It was -26C here this morning when wife went to work with PHEV.. :) No problems!

Some pictures, taken from the seller..
https://photos.app.goo.gl/5cXxGuEPQmjexsDN6

I also have a home made EV Datsun 100A. :) I have some pictures and project story, but unfortunately in Finnish.. http://zuikk.is/

Very impressive site, and Google Translate works well. I can see you'd have no concerns if it ever came to replacing the battery pack on your PHEV (which I hope won't be for many years yet!)

ChrisMiller said:
Very impressive site, and Google Translate works well. I can see you'd have no concerns if it ever came to replacing the battery pack on your PHEV (which I hope won't be for many years yet!)

Yes, I must admit that I already thought of that. :) Datsun has about same capacity lithium battery as the Outlander, and the total cost was "only" about 2000 euros. If PHEV needs a new battery like once in 10 years, it's not that bad price to pay.

Hello everyone !

I'm a new and a happy owner of a 2018 PHEV who lives in Quebec, Canada. I do speak French, so sorry in advance for my language mistake !

Going back few months ago, when i started to think about changing my car, i wanted something that was smaller and more greener than my Honda Odyssey. During a sunday afternoon, while i was riding with the whole familly in the car, we passed by a Tesla garage ,,, I asked the kids " Do you want to try a Tesla today ? " , and my two kids was really excited. When i parked my car and started to walk to the garage, my wife stayed in the car... She didn't want to come :) So i went with me two kids. I litterly fall in love with the model X, but defintely not with the price. I could buy a nice house at the price !!

Then i started my research for the new car, i bought the "Guide de l'auto", a french book where most of the new 2019 vehicules are reviewed. With my son, we tagged all electric and hydrid vehicules. Mitsubishi Outlander caught my attention as the price was really interesting, especially for a Hybrid SUV.

So i went to Paquet Mitsubishi in Levis in late december to see that car. The sale director proposed me to lend me the car for a full weekend. Wow, first car dealer that proposed me that ! So we took his offer and the second week of January, we had our first experience with a electric vehicule, sorry with a plug-in electric hybrid vehicule, and it was really awesome. I immediatly noticed that the driving was really smooth in electric mode, no vibration coming out from the engine.

Then I got a very good offer to buy a brand new 2018 GT : 4000$CAN rebate from our government, 6000$CAN rebate from the dealer and Mitsubishi, oil change for life and a Toyo winter tire kit. So i have bought this car, the janurary 25th. In few days, i have been driving almost 400KM mostly on EV, and it's really awesome! Love to see how to car works, how it swtich in a smart way between to two type of enigne. I also love to see all those metrics collected by the PHEV watchdog app.

I'm also a new member here and love to reading all of you guys! I didn't know that cars have now their online communities, it's really great. I also really enjoy to watch Garry Reed's videos about his PHEV journey, a lot of intersting information, you should watch it : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLRcRwO4Kz-kNQFK51zh-wojkpgRQekYC5

Looking forward now to my next travel :)

Hello from Ireland - just came across this forum.

1. Owner - Imported from UK Dec 2018
2. Model - 2014 GX4hs
3. Non facelift - 78000 miles Dec 2018.
4. What attracted you to the car - Car was owned by lease company so well serviced and good record of mileage. Wanted a low tax 4x4 so ticked all the boxes.
5. Location - Limerick Ireland
6. Occupation - Recently retired Mental Health Nurse.
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV . Wife bought a full EV Nissan Leaf Sept 2018 - positive experience.

Hi everyone, like many others I have been watching for a while and felt the urge to present myself and brag about my 40th birthday present: A 2018 GT Outlander PHEV :D It's "give me a ticket" red, couldn't choose the color because I took the dealer's demo car, for a good price.

The upgrade is from an old 2005 Pontiac Montana SV6 Extended, it was on its last miles and became unreliable. The final stroke was last fall when I saw the front "spoiler" under the motor that was hanging halfway down - I drove it like that for a week or two, hoping it would simply fall off. But my garagist told me some bad news: that piece of plastic was held by a steel bracket, and that steel bracket held my radiator in place. Soooo..... Lose the steel bracket, lose the radiator! The estimated cost to fix it was over what the minivan was worth, so it was time to shop around.

I knew I wanted an electric/hybrid car, that was my main want on my list. Then I filtered out some possibilities, like the vehicule needed to be spacious (my 14 yo son is 6'2" and 250 pounds, so a normal car could have been a problem for him, my wife's Corolla is already showing). I also tossed out some way too expensive vehicles like the Tesla X, then came down to two finalists: The Mitsubishi PHEV or the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid.

The Mitsubishi PHEV came out a winner for us (despite the smaller grant for the Quebec gov, 4k$ vs 8k$) because, despite not having 7 seats like my old minivan (my teenagers don't follow us all at the same time anymore anyways), the PHEV offered more control on the electricity management, 4x4 wheels and towing capacity. The 1500 amps 110v outlets inside were the cherries on the cake.

Also, the main American automotive brands lost my trust since Pontiac shut down. I always feld that van was made to "look good and luxurious", but at the cheapest construction costs.

For now the learning curve is still steep, I still feel like I'm driving a spaceship! We took the towing hitch from the dealer, as it's my first towing-capable vehicle. We took that option vs the Pacifica thinking on long runs we could all fit in the PHEV and throw our luggage in a trailer - the trunk is now the dog's official seat, we bought a trunk sheet/cover on Amazon for that.

Right now, until we have a 240v charger installed, I charge with the supplied charger. Took me a few tries before figuring how to put it in 12A ;-) Living in Quebec (Montreal's south-shore) province and winters, I'm not too fond of leaving it on the ground at freezing temperatures and in the rain, so I try to at least place the module under the back of the PHEV, until I figure some way to protect it, maybe enclose it in a rubber bin or something. I'm also learning from the public charging points, right now I only used my university's in-parking level 2 charger, in about 2 hours the battery got filled to about 50% so I could get out of town on EV only, witch was my primary goal with this vehicle.

One of the gripes for now is the internal wifi range for the android app... it's so poor I have to be out of my house and in direct view of my PHEV to be able to talk to it. I saw some people use some wifi bridge or range extenders, I might try that.

All in all, I am very happy with my new toy, I feel like when I had my first car: always trying to find a reason to use the PHEV, be it to go get a pint of milk or just go check around town ;-)

Hello everyone,
Been scanning the forum recently in preparation for my new vehicle.
Looking forward to learning form you all hints and tips

1 Delivery to dealer 8th March 2019
2. Phev 5hs (polar white)
3. 2019
4. Economy and salary sacrifice scheme through work
5. Derby UK
6. Project Lead in NHS
7. No PHEV experience at all (previous car 2008 1.8 tdci Ford SMax)

Hi people,

I am from the Netherlands.
A new Outlander owner and I love it!

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery
Owner sinds Xmas 2018
2. Model / possible model
2013 so first model
3. Facelift / non facelift
Prefacelift ;-)
4. What attracted you to the car initially
EV capability for short drives but no range anxiety and we needed a bigger car for our family
5. Location - city & country
Wageningen - The Netherlands
6. Occupation (plus what that means in real language)
IT manager IT in Education (I translate between the IT department and the education department within the university)
7. Experience of EV/REV/PHEV you have had before
Owned a Toyota Prius (model 2) for almost 10 years

Would like to say hi to everyone!

I picked up my 2018 GT this month (all other trims were sold out) and start searching for the community :)
That was the impulse buy, to be honest I had no idea that Mitsu has PHEV until of this January :mrgreen: However I was driving SmartEV for 3 years and almost 60,000 kilometers. I new all pros and cons of EV inside out and did not want to get another one after returning it after lease. After living for a year without EV, burning gas with my 4.0 Pathfinder I start looking again as fuel bills were over $500Cad/mo. Honda Clarity was main candidate. But when it was released line to get it was close to 12 month and dealers were asking 2K deposit to secure one for me. As one wise man said - "If you are find yourself in long line - you are doing something wrong". And I put my search on pause. Until I've read about Outlander in one of the Toronto Autoshow articles. I've asked my DW if she wants to test drive one. And we bought one on spot after test drive. Still have to get back my deposit :ugeek:

Here we are from sunshine California. Our other 2 cars are all hybrids, namely the Lexus CT200h & RX450h and we have been waiting for a plug-in hybrid for too long till Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV finally arrived her in LA last summer. We don't know why Lexus does not make any plug-in hybrid and the Outlander PHEV is not so popular here in USA so we decided to catch a good deal with all the tax rebates.

This is our first PHEV and everyone loves it. Although we wish the engine can be a bit more powerful with extended EV range. As solid state Lithium batteries are developing, it should not be too soon that it will happen.

Hi all,
New to forum.
Just bought 2015 phev 4. Don't know what to expect of it as never had a hybrid before. Always join forums for car / hobbies as they generally give better advice than some so called experts. I pick car up next Tuesday 18000 miles on clock so not expecting to many dramas over the next few months but I bet I will have plenty of questions. :)

Hi everyone, after several months of thinking about it I finally went ahead and got one-
Found this forum whilst searching for info on deleting old phones from remote and assorted other hints/tips- many thanks for these!

1. Owner / possible owner / date of delivery
Owner, a June 2018 ex demo. Collected 23/03/19 - and I absolutely LOVE it!
5HS Amethyst Black, with various optional extras like stainless steel door and boot sill trims, side protection door strips, boot liner etc. I assume these were fitted to ‘temp the test drivers’.
2018, pre ‘19 facelift
I needed a larger vehicle as we do a lot of major DIY and gardening, and we drive between London (work) and our Brighton House most weekends, with 2 cats and loads of stuff. I also wanted a car that’s higher and easy to get out of, and a PHEV as EV’s are not yet big enough or practical: London house = no drive but as there’s no pavement and I have a side gate onto the road I can park against the wall and just about plug it in without agro.
Kew and Brighton, UK
Head of Glasshouses, Nurseries and Display Horticulture, Kew Gardens (I think that’s self-explanatory enough)
I’ve had a 2nd gen 2007 Prius from new, which I love (we’ve kept it as very low mileage and great condition). A friend has a Hyundai EV, which I’ve been in a lot and is actually very nice, but not big enough or practical for me.

Proud owner of 2018 Outlander PHEV.
From Toronto, Canada, anyone else in my area , contact me , we are few and far between as Outlander is new to North America

I'm no tree hugger and don't think I will impact polar bear survival rates by driving a Hybrid, just a good car that I like and it suits me great right now. In a large spread out area like Toronto EV's make sense, hybrids even more as I travel 500 klicks to my daughter's regularly, ( yes Canada IS big )

We have no where near the logistical support that Europe and U.K. has, again big country, so a hybrid is definitely more sensible IMHO.

Now the bigger issue is how will I fair in the winter. I believe my -20c winters will be less detrimental than the infamous "Andy's" +40c summers down under.
Already have gleaned lots of information from you all and I am great full and hope that in the future I will be able to positively contribute.

I did post a question about resetting wifi in the general discussion forum

Hi All
We have recently purchased a 2016 VRX, ex demonstrator with 12,500km
Titanium Grey
We love technology and the opportunity to reduce our carbon footprint
Wellington, New Zealand
Self employed = Retired
This is our first venture into any sort of electric powered vehicle.

Thank you to all those who have built up the huge knowledge base in this forum.

Hi all,
I’m new to this forum and soon to be the proud owner of a 2019 PHEV. Only 98 long days of waiting ahead of me :roll:

So now Im using this time to learn all there is to know about the Outlander PHEV and just stumbled into this forum. It contains al lot of info, so thanks for that guys!

About the PHEV
1. date of delivery
If all goes as planned, the 29th of August

2019 model in Instyle trim. I don’t exactly know what trim levels to compare this with. It’s fitted with all the bells and whistles that I appreciate, and some others that just come with it as well. Most appealing features to me in this spec are the P-line leather upholstery, sun roof, adaptive cruise control, pre-heating and -cooling and the electric driver seat. I don’t really mind adjusting my seat manually, but the electric seat is the only one that provides sufficient leg support for me (the manual seats can’t be tilted).

I guess facelift (2nd?). You probably know this better than me :lol:

I was looking for a spacious car that is comfortable for every day drive and able to tow at least 1500kg. The fact that it drives electric most of the time makes it silent and smooth, I do think it looks good and, being a bit of an automotive nerd, I think it’s technically interesting.

I thought of waiting for the Volvo XC40 T5 Twin Engine, but after a testdrive in a T4 the conclusion was that this is a really nice car for the driver, but not comfortable enough in the back seat and the boot is to small for our family use.

The Hague, Netherlands

Business change manager. In real language... it kind of says it all :lol:

Just one day in a Tesla roadster once (fantastic!), so this will be my first PHEV

Bearhunter said:
Proud owner of 2018 Outlander PHEV.
From Toronto, Canada, anyone else in my area , contact me
Now the bigger issue is how will I fair in the winter. I believe my -20c winters will be less detrimental than the infamous "Andy's" +40c summers down under.
I've had no issues this past winter other than a 'sticky' relay, it would prevent me from driving full EV in cold weather. The work around seems to be to charge just before take off and preheat the cabin while plugged in. This will warm the battery and allow you to drive in full EV.

Back