Alexa, PHEV and Remote Start

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kumper33

Heya,

Got bored over the weekend and got annoyed with app to pre-heat the PHEV. Browsing this forum the key mod did not work (2018 Model). I was able to over the weekend get Alexa to start the car. I say the phrase "Alexa, trigger car heat" The car then preheats for 10 minutes. Takes around 90 seconds for it to start.

Would anyone here have a use for a guide if I wrote one? The requirements are:

1) Rooted Android phone running 8.0 or below. 9.0+ does not work. I used my old Google Pixel 1 XL.
2) IFTTT Account (Free!)
3) Tasker app ($4.99) if I remember right.
4) Alexa dot, speaker, UE Megaboom, ecobee 4 thermostat, fire stick. Anything that has Alexa built in.

Future commands still to add:

Alexa, Trigger car cold, I have months to make this =)
Alexa, Trigger car heat 20

Anyways, it works great and now we can start the car when need be. You can also tie into into more IFTTT things like alarms.

Cheers

I'd be interested, but keep it basic/simple.
I tripped at the first step (Rooted Android).

I find my Android connection very flaky. It has worked but fails most of the time.

Got a bit busy over the last couple days but I will try and get a guide out this weekend.

1) It starts the electric heat just like you would with the app
2) Just IFTTT would work as you could put a button
3) An Amazon dash button would also work.
4) If rooting and a flaky android phone is the problem. Then this solution may not work.

With the guide I try and save some time it took me troubleshooting =D

That sound extrememly useful, especially since most of us have old unused smart phones doing nothing in our basements or junk drawers. That is actually a good use for one of them. Please share the write up with you get the time to orgize the steps you did. Thanks!

As a new owner of an Outlander PHEV, this thread is tantalisingly frustrating. Sadly it seems that the author did not come back after February this year, to provide the specific details of what was done to get this to work.

The connecting of Alexa and Google Home to IFTTT is easy and well documented, and Tasker is an app available on Android that can change any setting on a phone, or run an app on that phone.

I can get Google Home to send a command to IFTTT (therefore it will be easy do this from Alexa also) which starts Tasker through a weblink, and Tasker can start the Mitsubishi Remote app on the phone, but I cannot see a way to then get the Mitsubishi app to send a specific command to the car (eg to start the heating).

This chain is pretty slow also, as the Mitsubishi Remote app takes a long time to start, needing to change the Wifi settings, and connect to the car before it can do anything.

Has anyone actually got this to work? If so, can they share their knowledge about the gaps (or another pathway) here?

Has anyone actually got this to work? If so, can they share their knowledge about the gaps (or another pathway) here?[/quote]

I am having Samsung J3 2017 mobile phone (running on Android 8) for starting the heater by sending a SMS (i.e. H20 or H30) to it. After switching some ROMs to my J33, I got it work quite reliable now. I tested this with Android 9 as well, but Tasker froze time to time.

As you mentioned, PHEV app starts slowly and if lauched by Tasker, many ’wait’ actions are needed to place between almost each step to work properly. Hence it takes about 1,5 minutes once the heater starts.

My Outis is MY16 model.

So dedicated old phone also needs SIM with phone plan to Recieve SMS?

Purkka said:
I am having Samsung J3 2017 mobile phone (running on Android 8) for starting the heater by sending a SMS (i.e. H20 or H30) to it. After switching some ROMs to my J33,

Back