Can't connect ... probably?

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mellobob

I got a cheap adapter and tried it today. This is the unit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bluetooth-Adapter-Scan-Tool-Car-Diagnostic-Scanner-ELM327-Interface-OBD2-OBDII/183684575487?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=691206883700&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

The unit just says "ELM 327", but I think this is the protocol, not the unit??? I've got a recent android phone and my car is a 2018 Canada.

The app says that there are 2 devices: "your vehicle" and "Mitsubishi .." Does this mean that the adapter is being recognized? One baby step at a time ... could be that I just wasted $4.00 .. but it'd be fun if this worked. Just not sure what I can do to debug.

Thanks.

ELM 327 is not the best dongle and there are plenty of dodgy Chinese clones of that model in the market place. I see your eBay model is both Chinese and unbranded. That said it might work. Do you have to pair it to you phone via a small button on the dongle when you set it up? I expect the instructions that came with the device are inscrutable!

The instructions which came with the unit are completely inscrutable :) Matter of fact, they are so inscrutable that ... well actually there are NO instructions. There is a small CD, but it appears to be a grab-bag of whatever was on the cutting room floor.

No button on the unit.

Question: Once it is connected what should the phone read as to connections/devices? I'm assuming it should should my phone, my car and the device???

Thanks.

Back