Timed Defrost not working any longer

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Albacore

Hi everyone,

I've noticed recently that my car is no longer defrosting itself - which is a real pain! I don't like having to scrape in the mornings :) The settings are all ok, so I'm wondering whether the fuse has gone? Has anyone had a similar problem? Do you know if it shares a fuse with anything else?

Look forward to hearing your suggestions

There are a few of common reasons for heater timers not working:

1) You have a charge timer set. For some reason this disables heater timers from starting in some circumstances.
2) You have opened the bonnet but not started the car afterwards (eg to top up screenwash).
3) There's a fault with the heater valve so you're not getting any heating at all.
4) The clock's wrong. Check you adjusted it for summer time.

Plus others, but these seem to be the ones that come up on here and the FB groups most often.

Try clearing any charge timers that are set, check the clock is correct then set a timer for about 20 minutes from now. Then lock the car and have a cup of tea. After that it should be about time for it to come on - go out to the car and listen for the heater fan running. If it is, then the timer is working, so give it 10 minutes and then get in the car to see if it produced heat.

Mine has also stopped working.
Seemed to coincide with the change to British summer time.
The clock is currently correct.

This happened on our previous 2015 car.
I got that one working by changing the pre-heat start time by an hour.

I wonder if the clock thing wasn't an issue on pre-facelift (ie old MMCS) 2015 cars like mine? I simply went into Settings/Vehicle Settings and on the Date/Time page set 'auto' and 'GMT+1' options. It changed fine when the clocks went forward and my timers still fire 10 minutes before I leave for work.

Also I don't use the remote app, I set the timers on the MMCS itself. Perhaps that might be related?

I spent some time at the weekend trying to get the timed climate working again. It stopped working around the time that the clocks changed.

Eventually solved by setting the clock to manual mode with summer time off. :D

20190415_072244small.jpg

It happen to me few times

All the time, thanks to the WiFi Application was possible to see the error : Open door error

It appears to me that when is very cold and we got some rain before, some water might enter in some gaps and then due to ice it might cause to see a door left open

The solution for me was to open and close all the doors including the tailgate

PS: My PHEV does not allow to change summer time with normal time automatically .. but I was reading that in case we change the time, it is a good practice to run the MMCS page with the timer setting, or reload and update the timers via the APPS

PPS: Even better for me it is to use the keyfob hack ... by double press a key I get a confirmation on the car blink if pre-heating is started (actually the confirmation is to check the blink on the first double click, and no blink in the next double click .. no blink at all, or all time blinking it indicate an issue on pre-heating)

Back