Traffic Program information via RDS

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scrappydoo

Hi all,

Had the GX4H PHEV a few weeks and have a few issues I'm working through. One of which is that I don't seem to be receiving Traffic Program (TP) information via RDS. My old vehicle received them every 15 mins or so in rush hour but in the PHEV, I'm only getting the odd one from Classic FM surprisingly and nothing local as before.

I have "TP Standby" selected and the channels show TP next to them so I presume this means they emit TP info. I also have both settings under RDS set to "ON".

A little frustrating as I travel through the M6 hell every day.

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

Wouldn't be that, Jaapv, he's getting the ones from Classic FM OK. Mine works OK, set as described above, I'm in Essex, mainly, and get traffic bulletins from BBC Essex fine.

jaapv said:
TP volume turned down?

Hi jaapv. Thank you for your reply. I had this thought also as there is another post in the forum and that was the issue. But as the reply above says, I don't think I would be receiving the ones from classic FM.

It's got me scratching my head a little as why would one work and not others that are possibly from the same radio transmitter unless Classic FM uses a different system to RDS??

I'm not sure if this helps but... I listen mainly to DAB radio in the car but the traffic report interruptions come from the FM receiver. Not all FM stations support this function and as an example XFM or Radio X or whatever it's called today suppresses this service. Maybe try a few different FM stations on the go to see what difference, if any, this makes?

Not sure that will help. I definitely haven't got stations transmitting traffic bulletins tuned in on mine. I thought they cut in regardless of whatever else is going on? Never did fully understand it all! :roll:

Back