is it possible to rolled-back odometer.

Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

Help Support Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vnam

Hi,

I'm on a look for used PHEV and was wondering if it was ever possible to rolled-back digital odometer on this cars ?

Thank you

It'll be very difficult but not impossible. I know that on newish Subarus the odometer reading is stored in more than one location, and if they don't agree it'll flag an error. When you replace the instrument panel you have to go through a specific procedure that involves using Subaru dealer software (SSM-3) to generate a code that you have to send to Subaru to get a return code that unlocks the panel's computer to reset its readings to those stored in the BCM (body control ECU) - not impossible as I said to get around but certainly not something that you can do easily.

Given how many records exist for a car's VIN and recorded mileage these days (eg in the UK, DVLA hold records updated from the DVSA when the MOT is done) it'd probably be flagged up as having gone down somewhere and queried.

Back